A decision could be made sooner than we thought

Vince R.

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Saw where Riley just came out and said the staff wasn't instructed to change style of tackling....I think it's stuff like this that is starting to show the dumpster fire this season/staff is becoming.  The whole blame game/Everyman for himself stuff...

https://hailvarsity.com/s/2672/riley-on-tackling-mandate-it-didnt-happen-like-that

Funny how people demanded Diaco speak to the media and now they don't like what he is saying

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

I am thinking that after Iowa just pounded Ohio St, was the fan base calling for DC head on a platter like we were when Bohl got shredded by the Buffs?

Here's an interesting article about Iowa finding kids that "fit".....Not world beaters, but they own Riley (and the Huskers).  Take away my Iowa bias and its actually pretty decent read.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/How-Iowa-finds-players-that-fit-the-Hawkeyes-unique-culture-110242385

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

No & No.  Bohl was not a good DC and Mullen wins with alumni funding.

Are you talking about 16 years ago? Bohl is an excellent coach now. So are the rest of the coaches on Lo Country's list.
I'm not even sure what the comment about Mullen means....he cheats?

And after seeing how Oregon bunched up the linebackers so they couldn't all be blocked and easily beat Colorado in the bowl game, I'm sure Bohl could do the same thing. 

With all the funky new offenses, any team could get surprised at any time.

Edited by Hayseed
  • Plus1 1

12 hours ago, lo country said:

Here's an interesting article about Iowa finding kids that "fit".....Not world beaters, but they own Riley (and the Huskers).  Take away my Iowa bias and its actually pretty decent read.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/How-Iowa-finds-players-that-fit-the-Hawkeyes-unique-culture-110242385

The article is quite revealing.  I'm afraid Nebraska is a long ways from having a focus and direction to recruit hard nosed driven kids.  Yes talent is important but a burning desire to succeed and dominate is just as important if not more so.

Well let's see, if you want any chance of a post season you need to win today at Minnesota. So far Nebraska has come out against a bad Minnesota team looking unprepared and no heart. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if Nebraska loses and I read tomorrow Moos left Riley in Minnesota with no paddle to row the boat.

I don't care if Moos goes against his word about mid season firings. It's the end of the season anyways, just end this please. having a coach, not having a coach, it wont change a thing for the remaining two games. These players could probably put together a better practice plan without any coach at all.