The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I prefer science to maintain its integrity. Hardly a surprise that the hip structure made for child bearing would show a readily identifiable difference between males and females,

I would prefer science to maintain integrity also which is to say it’s crazy that men can all of a sudden be considered women and we have to accept that because they say so.  Or vise versa based on the point you observed above.   Males are males and females are females which we have just agreed is so, because of sciences integrity.    If people want to call themselves something else then cool, it just doesn’t actually make it so, and society shouldn’t have to break norms (like gender based sports, bathrooms, etc) to satisfy them.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I would prefer science to maintain integrity also which is to say it’s crazy that men can all of a sudden be considered women and we have to accept that because they say so.  Or vise versa based on the point you observed above.   Males are males and females are females which we have just agreed is so, because of sciences integrity.    If people want to call themselves something else then cool, it just doesn’t actually make it so, and society shouldn’t have to break norms (like gender based sports, bathrooms, etc) to satisfy them.   

Archy deliberately misunderstands the difference between biology and gender - again.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3

This is the first and hopefully only time I use the term, but Jill Biden suggesting both LSU and Iowa come to the White House is cringe. And it’s hard to not see it as old fashioned and sexist. There is no gd way she would ever have suggested such a thing with a pair of men’s teams. If I was on LSU’s team I would boycott until she took back the dumb idea. 

• TBH 2
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is the first and hopefully only time I use the term, but Jill Biden suggesting both LSU and Iowa come to the White House is cringe. And it’s hard to not see it as old fashioned and sexist. There is no gd way she would ever have suggested such a thing with a pair of men’s teams. If I was on LSU’s team I would boycott until she took back the dumb idea. 

It really is a dumb idea.  Iowa didn't win.  They shouldn't be invited.  

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Yeah but those girls, those girls from Iowa really gave it their all….

I keed. It is and was a stupid idea. 2nd place is just the first loser. That goes for women as well as men. Jill should apologize for even suggesting it. (even though I think there’s a fair chance she just doesn’t understand how offensive that was to LSU) I don’t imagine she is very sports minded.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:37 PM, RedDenver said:

Archy deliberately misunderstands the difference between biology and gender - again.

Fair, but Democrats are pushing policies that seemingly blur the boundary.

Pushing to allow trans-women to play in women's sports is an example. While it's perfectly acceptable to understand that gender is merely  social-construct, Democrats take a policy position that ignores the biological reality sex plays in Athletics. It's pretty stupid to say that gender is a social phenomenon while simultaneously pushing policies that seem to conflate gender and biological sex. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Fair, but Democrats are pushing policies that seemingly blur the boundary.

Pushing to allow trans-women to play in women's sports is an example. While it's perfectly acceptable to understand that gender is merely  social-construct, Democrats take a policy position that ignores the biological reality sex plays in Athletics. It's pretty stupid to say that gender is a social phenomenon while simultaneously pushing policies that seem to conflate gender and biological sex. 

I agree, and I'm not a fan of these Dem policies. I don't know what the right course of action is with trans people in gendered sports. But Archy is just taking the opportunity to try to claim that gender and biology are the same, which is what I pushed back on.

• Plus1 2