Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

NDSU does old school Nebraska better than Nebraska does old school Nebraska.

Looking at the stats for that game.  Trey Lance ran for 166 on 30 carries, and was 6-10 for 72 yards passing.

Think the receivers were world beaters?  The entire receiving corps that day had six catches.  SIX.

When you look at the stats for that game, you're like, "How the hell did they win this football game, much less score 28 points?!?"

30 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

NDSU does old school Nebraska better than Nebraska does old school Nebraska.

Looking at the stats for that game.  Trey Lance ran for 166 on 30 carries, and was 6-10 for 72 yards passing.

Think the receivers were world beaters?  The entire receiving corps that day had six catches.  SIX.

When you look at the stats for that game, you're like, "How the hell did they win this football game, much less score 28 points?!?"

They were ALWAYS the most physical team you played in the NCC back in the day. Big and extremely tough- well coached, tenacious. They've been that way for 40 years. They get a ton of ND and Minnesota kids. 

1 hour ago, FTW said:

4:16 :o:cry

The more I look into Matt Entz the more I like him. He is just what the program needs. Two tights power run formations. Nebraskans identify with power. He’s 23-3 at NDSU. Someone will get em. I think home run hire is out of the question. Unless it’s Matt Campbell. Either way, nobody big is going to want to come here no matter how much money offered. I think in 03 we offered Urban Meyer (then the Utah coach) more money than Florida and he left for UF. 

It feels like we were all duped by Scott he has been an atrocious coach up to this point. I’m one who is surprised by that. I expected a much different approach but he’s turned out to be extremely lazy and incompetent. “No music during practice this week!” Like that’s going to change your culture :rolleyes:

If I am Trev, here is the order I would consider for a new head coach.

1.  Proven P5 head coach experience (proven means coached for at least 5 years with success)

2.  Proven non-P5 head coaching experience

3.  Proven NFL head coaching experience

4.  Experienced coordinator with proven results on the offensive and defensive side.

Entz could be a guy like Tressel that took his success from non-P5 straight to P5 without skipping a beat.

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If I am Trev, here is the order I would consider for a new head coach.

1.  Proven P5 head coach experience (proven means coached for at least 5 years with success)

2.  Proven non-P5 head coaching experience

3.  Proven NFL head coaching experience

4.  Experienced coordinator with proven results on the offensive and defensive side.

Entz could be a guy like Tressel that took his success from non-P5 straight to P5 without skipping a beat.

Entz was handed the keys to a Ferrari and the only thing he's shown is he hasn't crashed it in the 30 seconds he's been driving it. Give me a guy like Monken who was handed the keys to a Geo Metro and proved he can compete with the Ferrari. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

46 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Entz was handed the keys to a Ferrari and the only thing he's shown is he hasn't crashed it in the 30 seconds he's been driving it. Give me a guy like Monken who was handed the keys to a Geo Metro and proved he can compete with the Ferrari. 

I would be open to a non-P5 head coach who has had many years of success, and Monken does seem to have more experience as a head coach than Entz.  I didn't realize Entz has only been a head coach for 2 years.  That is too much risk for me personally as it's not a large enough sample size to judge how a coach handles curveballs thrown at them.  I still would prefer finding a P5 coach and throwing as much money as possible at a guy like Matt Campbell or Kyle Whittingham.  

33 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Bill O'brien

A guy who has done some heavy lifting in college and the pros and has proven successful.  It would be good to have a coach that had that kind of successful long term

'depth'.  Bo wasn't a proven HC, MR was a .500 coach and Frost had one winning season to his credit before coming here.  Time to get a coach without a learning curve. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Ultimately I want Frost to be here long term but if not.

1&1A. Bryan Harsin and Bill O'brien are my top 2

I will never trust a guy who traded away the best receiver in the game because he had an attitude with the dude.

Not only that, he traded Hopkins for David Johnson, a second and a fourth round pick - while giving away a forth pick.  He didn't even get a top draft pick for Hopkins.  Can't trust a guy with seeing that hot mess.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I will never trust a guy who traded away the best receiver in the game because he had an attitude with the dude.

Not only that, he traded Hopkins for David Johnson, a second and a fourth round pick - while giving away a forth pick.  He didn't even get a top draft pick for Hopkins.  Can't trust a guy with seeing that hot mess.

No kidding.  Not to mention, if you watched the Texan's games, he made some AWFUL coaching decisions.  I really don't think he's a good coach, personally.  Talent covered up a lot.