Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Why on gods green earth would ever think Frost was that stupid that he would want to slow down with his mantra of 'speed'?

Did you forget your meds today? :P

I don't take any, but maybe i should start.  ha.  I know it sounds foolish, even as i say it, but i am still concerned cuz it happened to us before.

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Is Lightbourn trying to be the Jared Lorenzen of kickers?

Muscle > Fat

17 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

How big is too big?  I remember us moving from B12 to B1G -- and it seemed like all we did was bulk up and become 10x slower.  Someone please put my mind at ease that we're not just bulking up for the sake of it.

One thing to consider is that the changes are compared to last year's roster.  Some of the biggest weight increases were from younger guys who were in their first year last year.  Guys like Jaylin Bradley, Tyjon Lindsey, Brendan Jaimes, Austin Allen fall into this catergory.  I am sure they gained weight on their own last fall, and added to that with Duval's S&C program.

I liked how the D-linemen all gained weight.  They got pushed around too much last season.  Plus, it looks like the o-linemen put on considerable weight, too.  When the S&C staff is working with young guys who are now weight training and eating properly, it's not hard to put on good weight (muscle).

7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Guys, keep in mind where some of the incoming 2019 players who trained with Duvals brother have made gains...they put on weight AND their speed went up, pro agility up, and explosive power (vertical leap) went up.

I think we can rest assured we're ok.

I think this could potentially be an advantage for us. All the instate kids getting started early with Gibbie would speed development tremendously. 

9 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Guys, keep in mind where some of the incoming 2019 players who trained with Duvals brother have made gains...they put on weight AND their speed went up, pro agility up, and explosive power (vertical leap) went up.

I think we can rest assured we're ok.

Or, that's what they want us to THINK happened.  

But in all seriousness, that is a good sign.

11 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Things are trending in the positive...maybe not as fast as the kool aid drinkers think it is...but definitely on the positive.

This is the first time in over 15 years that we sit on the precipice of a season and we can come to a site like this and no one is fighting. Everyone is on the same team. So, yeah, I'm drinking that up.  I don't know what to expect because I've never seen a transition this smooth. That's exciting to me.

• Plus1 5

6 hours ago, brophog said:

This is the first time in over 15 years that we sit on the precipice of a season and we can come to a site like this and no one is fighting. Everyone is on the same team. So, yeah, I'm drinking that up.  I don't know what to expect because I've never seen a transition this smooth. That's exciting to me.

You haven't read the playoff expansion thread, have you?

• Plus1 4