Russia

1 minute ago, GSG said:

I was just looking at their website. Absolutely bonkers how many locations are still open

What?  For real?

I am not sure if I am more shocked that they have a website or that their are locations still open!  

Now I have to look at the website!

Who had "things I never thought I would google search:  RadioShack" in their office pool?

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What?  For real?

I am not sure if I am more shocked that they have a website or that their are locations still open!  

Who had "things I never thought I would google search:  RadioShack" in their office pool?

I Google mapped the Denver area. Lots of permanently closed locations. One still open in Parker.

• Plus1 1

:clap

Incredible video.

Check out the video at :23.  It appears that three object drop in the water towards the bow of the ship trying to escape.  Wish those would have hit their target.  Another one falls a little later.

The ship in the background trying to escape is already on fire.

The Orsk is the ship at dock and was sunk.

• Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

What?  For real?

Read thru their Wikipedia page. 500 locations supposedly. Some company bought them out a while back and now have their own cryptocurrency 

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:clap

Incredible video.

Check out the video at :23.  It appears that three object drop in the water towards the bow of the ship trying to escape.  Wish those would have hit their target.  Another one falls a little later.

The ship in the background trying to escape is already on fire.

The Orsk is the ship at dock and was sunk.

Wow. The birds flying past frame made me surprisingly emotional.

War is evil, avoidable and devastating. 

29 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Someone here was complaining about this today.  Cleveland has one of the largest Ukrainian populations in the US. My response is great, maybe they will do some work so the restaurants can open back up to regular hours.  That is an issue here.  Nobody wants to work.

• Plus1 3
19 hours ago, commando said:

well well well...what did we find here?

I would love to know the story of how this came into Ukrainian hands. This system is the kind of thing you destroy before letting it get captured. Why did the troops manning it leave it in this condition? Were they chased off, were they killed, did they just get disgruntled and leave it for the UKR?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Here's part of the video from that farming town that trapped and completely scuttled a Russian armored column: 

https://fb.watch/bYBRm0b35i/

There's a better one from the BBC that showed the Ukrainians firing anti-tank missiles and hitting Russian tanks as they rounded the corner...but I can't find it anywhere now. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I would love to know the story of how this came into Ukrainian hands. This system is the kind of thing you destroy before letting it get captured. Why did the troops manning it leave it in this condition? Were they chased off, were they killed, did they just get disgruntled and leave it for the UKR?

You have to wonder with all the tweets/things being shared..what is actually real at this point? There is a lot of rah rah tweets even being posted by the Ukrainian defense forces official Twitter. Some of it is flat out fake or incorrect. I get it. But it’s just hard to figure out what is real. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

fwiw...it is only 1/2 of the system.   you can see the 2 parts in the inset picture.   the other half was destroyed by baraktar if i remember correctly. and who says this half didn't have the software erased.....hard to tell that from a picture.   but still worth looking at and seeing what clues about how it works can be deciphered from it.  it might not produce anything...it might be a gold mine.