Mavric

*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Second half could be with Nebraska showing some personal fire.  Hey, O-line, there is a man across from you.. is he going to own you for the entire game? 

You're wearing Husker red!

These players are mentally weak and we need to remember that. It takes time to change a losing mentality. Let's see how the rest of the game goes as the pressure lessens. I want to see these kids learn to keep fighting. I also want to see the coaches adjust better than they did last week.

But that oline....ugh

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:
9 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It’s not the coaches. 

No team that is properly coached comes out looking this ill-prepared every week.

Agreed.

They look ill prepared.

• Plus1 1

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

And that falls squarely on the coaching staff.  I really thought Frost would be able to stop the blowouts we were accustomed to seeing. 

Dude....seriously.....Mike Riley couldn't even get Ohio State to punt.

Need to chill......

• Plus1 1

I will not criticize anyone at this point. This is a transition. We knew it would be tough. But to sit back and armchair qb and lob grenades. Cant do it. I believe in the coaches and players. Just gonna take time. 

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Jackson being agressive at the line 2 plays in a row. Nice to see

I’ve noticed the same thing too. It’s incredibly weird, he’s played the best of anyone on our team so far.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Jeepy said:

Second half could be with Nebraska showing some personal fire.  Hey, O-line, there is a man across from you.. is he going to own you for the entire game? 

You're wearing Husker red!

Coaches aren't getting the team fired up to play.  Might have to rely on the players to do it themselves 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Micheal said:

Going to take a year or two for some of these mindsets to leave the program. Just got to take our medicine and go forward. Just keep going forward. Keep standing back up. 

LMAO Nebraska has been a "year or two" away for twenty years!!

• Plus1 1

Seriously, the derp is getting deep in here. 

Frost didn't suddenly forget to coach. It's been chronicled multiple times over that we have former Riley recruits who are not buying in to the system and are a cancer. We've seen improvement on both sides of the ball (hell, we've already seen adjustments by the defense in this game--something we didn't typically see in seasons past with Riley, and never this soon).

Yes, Special Teams is abysmal, and I expect this will be addressed. But when you have kids that have been able to skate by for three years, it sure as f*** isn't going to be fixed overnight or in a few months. It takes time, and it's going to happen, but it's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to happen while you have kids not buying in. 

• Plus1 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

We have some very low-IQ players and Frost needs to start recruiting players with higher football IQs.  I get that we have some new schemes in play but the basics of Football 101 are not being achieved by so many players on this team now.  

I also think players with personalities similar to MR were more likely to want to play for him. I think he brought in a lot of soft players.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good coaches would identify and remove those cancers. But good coaches would also have this team ready to play.

We're not a SEC program--we're not going to kick kids to the curb.

I'm sorry if you feel that being a dishonorable program is preferable, but I'd prefer we maintain some integrity while we get s*** fixed. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

The play calls are garbage right now, WTH are we calling?

Doesn't matter what you call if no one executes.  Why do you all think the coaches suddenly forgot what they are doing after they went 13-0 last year?

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

More than anyone, I’m disappointed with the development of Tyjon Lindsey. He’s been completely useless through a year and three games so far. I can’t think of ONE good play he’s ever had (not in a spring game).

doesnt run routes (all his throws are at the line of scrimmage), small and slow, bad instincts, dumb decisions, and seemingly no upside.

I’m sure Jaevon is better than him. Reimers too. Put em in, and move Spielman to the slot.

Edited by C-4
  • Plus1 2

As if our defense isn’t getting dominated enough , our offense can’t stay on the field for more than three plays. Defense is going to be gassed and things may get worse before they get better 

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Frost didn't suddenly forget to coach. It's been chronicled multiple times over that we have former Riley recruits who are not buying in to the system and are a cancer. We've seen improvement on both sides of the ball (hell, we've already seen adjustments by the defense in this game--something we didn't typically see in seasons past with Riley, and never this soon).

Yes, Special Teams is abysmal, and I expect this will be addressed. But when you have kids that have been able to skate by for three years, it sure as f*** isn't going to be fixed overnight or in a few months. It takes time, and it's going to happen, but it's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to happen while you have kids not buying in. 

You mean like we had previous pelini recruits that were toxic?

That's always the narrative and I think it's probably less true than the narrative states it is.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

That’s some serious spinning Vector. So who are these mysterious cancers? Why are they allowed to infect the team?

This is a horrible team right now, that isn’t prepared to play football, and doesn’t look like they’ve ever played football or perhaps even seen a football. Some of that is on the coaches. Frost makes $5 million a year and so fsr, he’s not earning his paycheck.

• Plus1 2
  • Sad 1

It’s bad but Riley’s team would have stopped hitting by now. At least our guys are still willing to get in there and make a hit. Just looking for something positive.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

Doesn't matter what you call if no one executes.  Why do you all think the coaches suddenly forgot what they are doing after they went 13-0 just year?

Apparently some posters do, but then again, the reality they live in may not be an actual reality. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

We're not a SEC program--we're not going to kick kids to the curb.

I'm sorry if you feel that being a dishonorable program is preferable, but I'd prefer we maintain some integrity while we get s*** fixed. 

If someone is a “cancer,” and is undermining what Frost is doing, how is kicking his lazy, worthless butt off the team dishonorable?

Just now, Ziebol said:

Recruits gotta be loving this.....

Thats what i fear the most.  You cannot bring in quality recruits and keep them if your team looks like a hot pile of garbage.

• Plus1 2

I keep remembering that it was Frost that volunteered to coach THIS team - not the other way around.  Players aren't allowed to pick and choose like coaches are. When coaches can't coach up the players they volunteer to have, then that's the coach.  

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

You mean like we had previous pelini recruits that were toxic?

That's always the narrative and I think it's probably less true than the narrative states it is.

That narrative is an excuse for blind loyalty.  

Im not expecting to win by any means. Just to look competent.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Doesn't matter what you call if no one executes.  Why do you all think the coaches suddenly forgot what they are doing after they went 13-0 just year?

So do coaches jut call plays? Isn’t their job also to make sure players execute?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If someone is a “cancer,” and is undermining what Frost is doing, how is kicking his lazy, worthless butt off the team dishonorable?

Yes, it's called honoring a scholarship. Then again, I prefer our coaches and program not sacrificing morality for victory. 

If the Oline could stand up they could go vertical since all of Michigan's D is at the line now.

What should they call?  That takes less then 1 second and isn't to the sideline.  Martinez is the only person making any sort of plays.

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Thats what i fear the most.  You cannot bring in quality recruits and keep them if your team looks like a hot pile of garbage.

Not even close to true.

But nice attempt at the narrative.

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Yes, it's called honoring a scholarship. Then again, I prefer our coaches and program not sacrificing morality for victory. 

If someone is intentionally undermining Frost by being a cancer, the honorable thing to do is to get rid of him. 

Your definition of “honor” is pretty warped.

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Honest question.  Will FRost's scheme work in the B1G?

Let me get this out of the way first: Scott Frost IS the right man for the job at Nebraska.

However, his current scheme in my opinion will not work in the Big 10. Parts of it will, but he is going to have to tweak it this offseason. It is too reliant on the pass right now.

Nebraska will never be NEBRASKA again until our offensive scheme has some element of power running.

We need to give our running backs a lead blocker and rely more on heavy sets. You can still do that with the spread.

I still believe the offense needs an I-Tight package for short yardage. I've always believed if you can't get 1 yard when you really need it, then you're not a physical football team.

It's going to take time. People really don't reliaze how poorly Mike Riley and his staff left this place when it comes to (Recruiting, How We Trained, & How We Practiced.)

Frost will get it right, be he WILL have to make changes.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That’s some serious spinning Vector. So who are these mysterious cancers? Why are they allowed to infect the team?

This is a horrible team right now, that isn’t prepared to play football, and doesn’t look like they’ve ever played football or perhaps even seen a football. Some of that is on the coaches. Frost makes $5 million a year and so fsr, he’s not earning his paycheck.

I am glad Ric Flair is not in charge. We would be firing Frost at halftime. 

• Plus1 2