Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

30 minutes ago, lo country said:

Agree. I follow Huskers in the pros.  I don't follow guys who quit the Huskers.  I don't wish them any ill will ,in fact I hope they have success,  but when you leave, prior to your commitment or leaving for the NFL, you are no longer a Husker.  That's just me.

But what kid not raised in Nebraska is truly a Husker at heart without some level of success? I kind of wonder tho if Gebbia’s  Dad didn’t think the whole thing through when he had him quit. Maybe it was a case of a deflated ego, but really Gebbs could have played four games and still transferred-just like TL. He could have tested the waters and still bolted if he didn’t like it. Still would have been in the same position.

anyone else find it curious the TL leaves when Frost announces no more Mr Nice Guy. Or maybe it was the 4 game deal. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Oh yeah, kids (or their parents) can buy a 4 or 5 star ranking anytime they want.  These recruiting services are about generating revenue for the owners and making money.

I guess proof would eventually be in the pudding, so to say. This 2017 class was the first to have their recruiting trips paid for, right? 

Riley really pulled one over on the program. 

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Yeah that 2016 team was a mirage.  I was never once comfortable about that 7-0 record. In fact, the more wins we tacked on the less comfortable I got about it.  And, of course almost fittingly, Wisconsin exposed it and the wheels completely fell off and exploded soon after.

To be honest, though, the '16 Wisconsin game was about that last time we've seen true Husker football. The Badgers were good, and we brought it defensively - probably one of Banker's best, not mention how Nate Gerry had himself a game. The rest of the defense filled their gaps and made the going tough for the Badgers most of the time. Had we made a play or two at the end of regulation, we could've very well walked off that field with a win.

25 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

But what kid not raised in Nebraska is truly a Husker at heart without some level of success? I kind of wonder tho if Gebbia’s  Dad didn’t think the whole thing through when he had him quit. Maybe it was a case of a deflated ego, but really Gebbs could have played four games and still transferred-just like TL. He could have tested the waters and still bolted if he didn’t like it. Still would have been in the same position.

anyone else find it curious the TL leaves when Frost announces no more Mr Nice Guy. Or maybe it was the 4 game deal. 

Gebbia didn't have a redshirt to burn, though, so it wouldn't have made any sense to play only 4 games and sit the rest.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

To be honest, though, the '16 Wisconsin game was about that last time we've seen true Husker football. The Badgers were good, and we brought it defensively - probably one of Banker's best, not mention how Nate Gerry had himself a game. The rest of the defense filled their gaps and made the going tough for the Badgers most of the time. Had we made a play or two at the end of regulation, we could've very well walked off that field with a win.

Very true.  Yet somehow we turned into a punching bag after that loss.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Gebbia didn't have a redshirt to burn, though, so it wouldn't have made any sense to play only 4 games and sit the rest.

Don’t know why I forgot that.

That four game rule could really change things for a lot of teams and It’ll be interesting to see if big or small teams benefit more. My guess it’ll be small but it could go both ways. It might become rare for guys to start and finish their college careers at the same place 

3 hours ago, secretasianman said:

Instead of “pro style offense”, maybe I should have said that Tyjon may be looking for an offense that didn’t rely so much on perimeter blocking— which would not be a strong suit for a 5’9 160 pound receiver .  

You’re right - plenty of college-spread receivers make it in the NFL, but most are probably more of the 6-0 + 180 + types, who didn’t struggle with blocking.  

Abdul Muhamhed (?spelling?) was about the same size as Tyjon if I recall and he was a damn good downfield blocker.  It's about tenacity, NOT size.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Don’t know why I forgot that.

That four game rule could really change things for a lot of teams and It’ll be interesting to see if big or small teams benefit more. My guess it’ll be small but it could go both ways. It might become rare for guys to start and finish their college careers at the same place 

It really doesnt though, he already started the year here....if he redshirts this year he still has to sit out next year. It literally makes zero difference 

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It really doesnt though, he already started the year here....if he redshirts this year he still has to sit out next year. It literally makes zero difference 

It's almost worse in my mind. He'll now be nearly two years removed from the last football game he played. And he'll be redshirt sophmore his 4th year in college. Makes no sense to me.