When will the penalties stop?

15 hours ago, TheSker said:

One of my favorite answers is "just put someone else in"........

That seems very strategic.

Do you think that our unspecial teams are doing anything right? We never go after punts, we have not returned anything for a touchdown, and whenever we do anything positive, it t is brought back because of a block in the back or holding. Can you tell me ONE good thing that our unspecial teams have done all season? Since this coach is not getting it done, may be try someone else. Why do we always keep paying people if they are doing NOTHING to earn their pay!

15 hours ago, TheSker said:

You truly don't think the coaches are addressing penalties?

Seriously?......

Well there's not really any external evidence that they are. If anything, even if the penalties are somewhat different in nature, they're coming at worse and worse times further into the season than they were at the start.

• Plus1 3
15 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

When will the penalties stop?

Next year at the earliest. Expect around 10 or more penalties and 100 yrds or more the rest of this season. 

But don't expect squeaky clean games from a Frost coached team. His UCF teams averaged pretty high penalties in his 2 years there. And I'm pretty sure Frost and his staff are aware of the penalty situation with the implications they have on the outcome of the game. I also believe they trying to make improvements to the best of their abilities. And with are severe lack of depth in position groups like OL just benching a player(s) and throwing in the next body in line isn't going to have very positive results I'm afraid. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Well there's not really any external evidence that they are. If anything, even if the penalties are somewhat different in nature, they're coming at worse and worse times further into the season than they were at the start.

Nothing major is going to change during the season.

And I hope Frost never concerns himself with external evidence.

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

We do now.  Pretty surprised we didn't from the start.

Wow.  I must have missed this.  So we really didn't have officials at practices?  I suspected this may be true by not seeing any in the fall camp photos, but this is quite alarming if true.  I think even Bo and Riley had them.  Do you know when this changed?

15 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Do you think that our unspecial teams are doing anything right? We never go after punts, we have not returned anything for a touchdown, and whenever we do anything positive, it t is brought back because of a block in the back or holding. Can you tell me ONE good thing that our unspecial teams have done all season? Since this coach is not getting it done, may be try someone else. Why do we always keep paying people if they are doing NOTHING to earn their pay!

I think it's obvious there will be no coaching changes five games into the staffs first season.....no matter how "demanding" anyone wants to be 

16 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

When players stop holding, grabbing the facemask, moving before the snap and interferring with passes...

It's up to the players to get more disciplined and do this. I don't think we have the depth to just yank everybody off the field. Aggressive and stupid are two different things.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Never change, Husker fans. 

2 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

We have not been offsides on a kickoff yet. There's that. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Part of the problem now is that they have a reputation..  The penalties won't stop this year 

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think penalties go hand-in-hand with the "no fear of failure" belief.  So I'm not sure they'll ever go away.

The idea is to be good enough they don't matter as much.

These are 2 things I've been thinking. I thought some of the penalties during Wisky game were pretty iffy but we have a reputation now and so anything close will be called against us.

The other is that our players don't have to hold and commit pass interference if they are better at what they do. The solution of having refs at practice only partially helps if our D-Line isn't good enough to make our Oline need to hold, or if our WR and passing game aren't putting DB's in a situation where they are scrambling.

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Wow.  I must have missed this.  So we really didn't have officials at practices?  I suspected this may be true by not seeing any in the fall camp photos, but this is quite alarming if true.  I think even Bo and Riley had them.  Do you know when this changed?

Pretty sure Bo always had them.  Riley didn't his first year then added them.