*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

3 minutes ago, HUSKERBROW1 said:

How did Pickering get to be 3 star recruit??? Why can't a major football program life Nebraska get a kicker??? Bench him now!!! 

And and insult to injury,  Northwestern let a walk kicker from Lincoln Northeast be a preferred walk on in their program this year. 

Why weren't we looking at him??? 

6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Pelini's defenses never stopped any of the big boys in the Big 10.  He never stopped any of the Texas and OU offenses while in the Big 12.  He was fortunate that Callahan recruited Suh, and was blessed to get Lavonte David here.  The only thing that I will give Pelini is that his defenses were more consistent overall.

Since we know that defense is a lot about the previously recruited talent, why is it a surprise our "Riley" defense struggles?

The offense shows glimpses of greatness, than quarters of immobility.

Defense has done just enough even though they really haven't played well with getting zero pressure on NW's QB and NW wide receivers seeming to be wide open on every play. Shocked the Northwestern O has only scored 7 points. 

Special Teams shouldn't take more than an off season to correct. It's a pretty simple task, especially when it comes to kicking. You have several hours of practice, my question is what do the punters and kickers do during those hours? You have on job, just do it.

Extremely winnable game that I sure hope Nebraska pulls out.

Just now, irafreak said:

Sigh....I get it. A lot of people still are mad at bo. Very few would argue it was time for him to go. But his defenses kept us in games. Why is that so hard to admit. They weren't always dominant especially against the best big 10 offenses but they were the strength of his teams. Go back and watch some of his final years. We didn't win 9 games each year by offensive explosions...

No, not really mad at poor old Bo.  We did win 9 games a year with him, and that wasn't good enough.  He never really won a game that he wasn't suppose to win either.  Hell, Riley won games in his second year here, so whats that really prove by winning 8-9 games a season?

Like I said, his defense were more consistent and did do a better job than what he have seen recently, but take out SUH and David on some of those teams, his overall numbers were not great either against Top 25 teams.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Serious question- should we just start going for 2 every time? If we connect on 50% it’s just like kicking PAT

Thought the same thing. Why not go for most 4th downs due to our punting issues and why not go for 2 instead of PAT's? Why not? While Frost was at Oregon it seemed the Ducks always looked to go for 2 instead of just a PAT. Lets incorporate that mentality to us since our kicking is terrible.

6 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Sigh....I get it. A lot of people still are mad at bo. Very few would argue it was time for him to go. But his defenses kept us in games. Why is that so hard to admit. They weren't always dominant especially against the best big 10 offenses but they were the strength of his teams. Go back and watch some of his final years. We didn't win 9 games each year by offensive explosions...

Bo's defenses were great when he had Suh and Co. Otherwise his defenses couldn't stop an offense with a pulse. It's a reason Nebraska only won 9 games and their 4 losses were usually by pretty big margins against any team that showed a pulse.