*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

I feel sorry for what Frost inherited. It is slowly sweeping into my thick skull just how bad the majority of these players are. Sorry, I know we’re not supposed to disparage the players but with the exception of a small handful, most of these guys are just pathetic. Thanks Mike Riley.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Bo's defenses were great when he had Suh and Co. Otherwise his defenses couldn't stop an offense with a pulse. It's a reason Nebraska only won 9 games and their 4 losses were usually by pretty big margins against any team that showed a pulse.

Disagree. I think we are having some writing of history. We had blow out losses but I would agree with original point of the other poster. 

1 minute ago, dspanther05 said:

Defensive cannot come out a lay an egg on this opening posession. Maybe a turnover? I know that is a crazy concept .

I remember Nebraska getting one INT against Michigan in meaningless time. But other than that turnover when was the last time Nebraska got a turnover? Feels like it's been forever.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I feel sorry for what Frost inherited. It is slowly sweeping into my thick skull just how bad the majority of these players are. Sorry, I know we’re not supposed to disparage the players but with the exception of a small handful, most of these guys are just pathetic. Thanks Mike Riley.

I felt bad for him immediately when he took the job, my first thought was I hope we dont ruin his young promising career. 

3 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

No, not really mad at poor old Bo.  We did win 9 games a year with him, and that wasn't good enough.  He never really won a game that he wasn't suppose to win either.  Hell, Riley won games in his second year here, so whats that really prove by winning 8-9 games a season?

Like I said, his defense were more consistent and did do a better job than what he have seen recently, but take out SUH and David on some of those teams, his overall numbers were not great either against Top 25 teams.

His team was built for the Big 12. Competed in multiple CCGs. Was 1 bulls#!t second away from beating a team that played for the Natty. Beat OSU, Wisconsin, and embarrassed Michigan. 

Was he an amazing coach? No. But he isn’t anywhere near as bad as we make him out to be. He had bad games in year one against OSU and Michigan. And Two bad games against Wisconsin. 

That was it. His teams were in a position to win every other game they played. That’s how you get to 9 wins a season consistently. 

• Fire 1