What Did We Learn? - Michigan State

Mavric

Great win and I am so proud of this team! I will say, we are desperately in need of some young WRs to come in and play next year. Kade will have his place as a possession type, but less JD, we are in need of serious help. Also, we need to work in a heavy package and give Adrian some snaps under center in practice. The shotgun victory formation was a bad snap away from near chaos. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Fru said:

Saw a few tweets that mentioned how interesting it was that the first time NU and MSU played since the deaths of Foltz and Sadler, was a game dominated by punters and kickers. 

I think Sadler and Foltz enjoyed this one from the firmament. 

A kicking duel was appropriate.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, theknife said:

Great win and I am so proud of this team! I will say, we are desperately in need of some young WRs to come in and play next year. Kade will have his place as a possession type, but less JD, we are in need of serious help. Also, we need to work in a heavy package and give Adrian some snaps under center in practice. The shotgun victory formation was a bad snap away from near chaos. 

I wasn’t sure what was going on the first snap then the 2nd almost went over his head. Maybe they haven’t had enough practice with it. I know I sighed relief when both teams left the field with the remaining seconds ticking off 

Everyone’s covered about everything so what learned is how different the game is when you’re there opposed to watching on tv. And what a totally awesome game to bring your 12 year old to, and especially when he only gets one game every other year. I wouldn’t have changed a thing, but maybe our seats that ended up being obstructed

Things that I saw that might not have been noted in the game thread (or maybe we’re but I didn’t read every post) 

-MSU’s defense is constantly ripping at the ball even after the plays over- they are extremely physical

-the selection of the end zone at the coin toss turned out to be pretty important

-our secondary played great today but some their successes  were due to the wind 

-#40 for MSU can really dance   I’m not sure if he played, but he had himself a heck of a dance party going on

-the players making snow angels in front of the student section was cute

-most of both teams prayed at the 50 post-game. One of my favorite traditions 

-regarding the refs, I don’t think they were out to get us, but were inconsistent and maybe a little blind as well 

-one of my favorite games in the 10 years. Loved the snow, cold, and watching the guys get hyped up on every play. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

I learned that:

(1) our defense can actually win games for us...so happy they did today

(2) Pickering might be finally turning a corner...

(3) Ozigbo deserves getting to more than 1000 rushing yards this seasons. The guys is a stud.

(4) we won in spite of the scumbag zebras trying their best to help MICHIGAN STATE

(5) we really really really need spielman. You don’t know how valuable someone is until they don’t play in a game.

(6) it looks like the IOWA game is going to be our bowl game. From what they did to Illinois today, we need the entire team to be clicking on all cylinders if we are to win this game. Beating Iowa in their own backyard on senior day is not going to be an easy task. 

(7) for the first time in a decade I feel really hopeful where this team is heading. Frost will have this team competing for conference championships and greater things very soon.

GOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIG REEEEEEEEEED! GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1