WR Charles Njoku [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBorad Predictor  

70 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Njoku commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/26/2019 at 01:36 AM

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Surprised that UCLA has such an average class so far (47th)....would suck if they get Njoku - kid is legit. I feel like he would be UCLA bound, but signs are pointing at Nebraska until we get the Fong Bomb

Yes- currently the Fong is predicting N. How can we find out if our staff has visited yet or are we planning to visit tomorrow?

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Surprised that UCLA has such an average class so far (47th)....would suck if they get Njoku - kid is legit. I feel like he would be UCLA bound, but signs are pointing at Nebraska until we get the Fong Bomb

I know people are worried about Chip potentially having the last visit and last inhome but I think he needs to make up ground here. I have a feeling he's ours. 

Frost being in OKC is to visit 2020 Texas and Oklahoma recruits which swinging by to see houston is just an added bonus. I could be wrong but I have a good feeling Njoku is N.

Cincinnati insider CB for N this afternoon. Could be following Fong though 

7 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Clouse just posted an update that he thinks he’s UCLA bound. Doesn’t like the timing of everything and also has heard the UCLA visit went very well. 

I don’t think our coaches ever did a home visit.

Yeah. It looks like we are taking Houston. So, know the question is are we taking both Jordan and Parker.

Nebraska Recruiting: Setting the Stage for Charles Njoku

The receiver from New Jersey is the younger brother of Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku and Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Evidence Njoku. The pass catcher is one of the top remaining targets for the Huskers this cycle. It’s pretty easy to see why since he stands at 6-foot-5 and 200 pounds with an 84-inch wingspan. 

Njoku would fit nicely into Nebraska’s offense as someone who has measurables and a skill set not currently on the roster. 

However, the main competition here appears to be UCLA. The former Missouri commit took an official visit to UCLA this past weekend so we are looking at a Chip Kelly versus Scott Frost battle...

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

To be honest,  I would take Houston over Njoku because of the speed factor.   I also think height on a receiver is overrated unless we are in the red-zone.  

You'd take Jamal Turner over Quincy Enunwa? Both remind me of each other to a certain extent. It's not like Houston isn't good, but we already have like 4 kids similar to him. No one looks like Njoku and he's only a Sr in HS. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You'd take Jamal Turner over Quincy Enunwa? Both remind me of each other to a certain extent. It's not like Houston isn't good, but we already have like 4 kids similar to him. No one looks like Njoku and he's only a Sr in HS. 

I'd take Bell over Enunwa in this offense. I don't really have a preference between Njoku and Houston. 

Njoku has a frame we lack, but in our offense I don't think that's as important. Speed kills in this O.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'd take Bell over Enunwa in this offense. I don't really have a preference between Njoku and Houston. 

Njoku has a frame we lack, but in our offense I don't think that's as important. Speed kills in this O.

This is my thinking also.  

If you can have 3 or 4 guys (receivers) on the field together that can blow the top off the defense,  it will be harder to defend.   I wouldn't mind having a taller receiver to play outside but when we have a chance to add legit speed to our offense,  I would take that over height.   

• Mavric changed the title to WR Charles Njoku [UCLA - Signed LOI]