Maurice Washington Faces Charges

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Did the video depict violence? Or is she calling it "violent" because the girl later stated it was unwelcome sex?

Severe and Benning were talking about the video this morning.  Severe has seen the video from his time at the OWH.  The girl is claiming it was unwelcome sex, as the video shows the boy having his hands on the back of her head, while she performed oral sex on the guy.

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It was a mistake suspending Mo for 1/2 game.  Either suspend him indefinitely or not at all.  The 1/2 game suspension can be portrayed as insufficient punishment for such an offense by disregarding that further punishment will happen once the legal issues are resolved.  I wouldn't have suspended him at all leaving people to speculate that the legal case against Mo is falling apart.  Once the legal process is done then hand out a punishment which if cleared, could include a short suspension for doing something that caused him to be charged, which happened while he was on the team.  I believe Frost would have suspended Mo indefinitely if he had committed the offense while part of the team regardless of how questionable the charges are.  I also believe Frost might kick him off the team if he is convicted of a felony.  This could go bad for Mo.

Except the 1/2 game suspension could also be for the drugs charge while he's already under scrutiny for the felony charges.

People presuming the suspension was for his part with this video need to not presume this.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It was a mistake suspending Mo for 1/2 game.  Either suspend him indefinitely or not at all.  The 1/2 game suspension can be portrayed as insufficient punishment for such an offense by disregarding that further punishment will happen once the legal issues are resolved.  I wouldn't have suspended him at all leaving people to speculate that the legal case against Mo is falling apart.  Once the legal process is done then hand out a punishment which if cleared, could include a short suspension for doing something that caused him to be charged, which happened while he was on the team.  I believe Frost would have suspended Mo indefinitely if he had committed the offense while part of the team regardless of how questionable the charges are.  I also believe Frost might kick him off the team if he is convicted of a felony.  This could go bad for Mo.

And Frost has lost a lot of credibility in terms of his "we want players that do the right thing" spiel from last year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, knapplc said:

Except the 1/2 game suspension could also be for the drugs charge while he's already under scrutiny for the felony charges.

People presuming the suspension was for his part with this video need to not presume this.

My assumption that the suspension on Saturday was just due to his overall actions, based on the CA charges and being cited for pot.  I actually thought he would be suspended for the entire game.

Then, when the CA charges have gone through the legal process, there could be additional punishment by the team/University (including being kicked out of school).

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My assumption that the suspension on Saturday was just due to his overall actions, based on the CA charges and being cited for pot.  I actually thought he would be suspended for the entire game.

Then, when the CA charges have gone through the legal process, there could be additional punishment by the team/University (including being kicked out of school).

I wouldn't presume the suspension had anything to do with the California case at all.

Anyone presuming Frost decided that was sufficient punishment for what Washington's charged with should wait until this all plays out.

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

unless I am mistaken, I believe I read that the actual perpetrator of the sexual encounter and video maker received probation...for actually filming the incident and sharing it with Mo

And this continues to get lost in the back and forth.  The kid that was actually there and made the video only received probation.

Why would MW get anything worse than that?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Cdog923 said:

And Frost has lost a lot of credibility in terms of his "we want players that do the right thing" spiel from last year. 

I disagree.  Mo did this before he was part of the team.  Frost still wants high character players.  I suppose if you believe Frost knew about this incident when he brought Mo in then sure, lost credibility.  Being the first class the staff may not have had time to fully vet all the recruits.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Coaches and the University.  It's difficult to fully "punish" Mo given the current status of the charges and case.

Except the coaches and university already indefinitely suspended players that haven't even been charged with anything. Clearly they don't need the trial result to decide on a punishment.

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So basically you just don't believe our legal system is based on the premise of innocent until proven guilty.

Except that the coaches and university aren't part of the legal system. See above.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I wouldn't presume the suspension had anything to do with the California case at all.

Anyone presuming Frost decided that was sufficient punishment for what Washington's charged with should wait until this all plays out.

But that's a big part of the problem with suspending Mo for a half without an explanation. Nobody knows why he was suspended, so now people just have to make an educated guess. Ham-fisted is the correct description of how this is being handled.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1