Jump to content

LeGrone, Hunt Suspended Indefinitely


Enhance

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard that they tried to fraudulently acquire a Husker related message board, and then maliciously incited panic by announcing a fake 10am outage. Frost doesn't stand for that kind of crap. 

You don’t suspend indefinitely and refuse to talk about it if it’s not something serious.

This is the part where I quit reading.

Just now, knapplc said:

Nebraska's consent law is disgusting. 

I really don't get this. Just cause someone is having consensual sex with one person isn't an open invitation to anyone else in the building to join in. This seems like some pretty common sense s#!t. Looks like another important convo I'll need to have with my daughter in the future, pretty sad the position we put young woman in...

  • Plus1 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

They also said Legrone had done the very same thing prior to this incident with another woman who was having sex with another football player which was brought up by prosecutors.  Were no charges filed there???

 

Also odd that Hunt agreed to a plea deal to two misdemeanors instead of rape for testifying in this case.  Really confusing with Legrone just getting acquitted.  Hunt's trial for the two misdemeanor charges he was offered in the plea deal is set for next month.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I went and reflexedly washed my hands for 10 minutes after reading the ESPN article.  So gross. 

It was extremely disturbing...what the actual 'f' is wrong with sexual assault laws...I wonder if his attorney (Mallory Hughes) is able to sleep at night knowing that happened and basically blaming the female for what happened.

 

Do either one of these rapists get signed on with another team?

  • Plus1 3
Link to post
1 minute ago, El Straino said:

Me: Hey, we made the top headlines on ESPN!

*checks notes*

Me: Oh...

 

Neither of these guys will be associated with our team much longer, thank goodness. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

They also said Legrone had done the very same thing prior to this incident with another woman who was having sex with another football player which was brought up by prosecutors.  Were no charges filed there???

 

Also odd that Hunt agreed to a plea deal to two misdemeanors instead of rape for testifying in this case.  Really confusing with Legrone just getting acquitted.  Hunt's trial for the two misdemeanor charges he was offered in the plea deal is set for next month.

You can bet Hunt's lawyer has already been in contact with the DA backing away from that deal.

3 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

It was extremely disturbing...what the actual 'f' is wrong with sexual assault laws...I wonder if his attorney (Mallory Hughes) is able to sleep at night knowing that happened and basically blaming the female for what happened.

 

Do either one of these rapists get signed on with another team?

That's the defense attorney's job.  To provide a rigorous defense.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

6 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

It was extremely disturbing...what the actual 'f' is wrong with sexual assault laws...I wonder if his attorney (Mallory Hughes) is able to sleep at night knowing that happened and basically blaming the female for what happened.

 

Do either one of these rapists get signed on with another team?

What is wrong with our justice system, period?  

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
16 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

That's the defense attorney's job.  To provide a rigorous defense.

The outcome is unfortunate and gross, but that is the point of everyone being entitled to a defense. The defense attorney did her job, and she did it very well. The law is clear (in a bad way), and she applied the law in a way protected her client. The law is intentionally written to protect those from false accusations; unfortunately, I think this case has exposed a loophole that needs to be closed. 

 

That is on state legislators, not the defense attorney. 

  • Plus1 6
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, Atbone95 said:

The outcome is unfortunate and gross, but that is the point of everyone being entitled to a defense. The defense attorney did her job, and she did it very well. The law is clear (in a bad way), and she applied the law in a way protected her client. The law is intentionally written to protect those from false accusations; unfortunately, I think this case has exposed a loophole that needs to be closed. 

 

That is on state legislators, not the defense attorney. 

 

Unfortunately, this is the truth. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...