Utah at USC

Huskerchief

4 hours ago, Danimal said:

Honestly would  rather not have Gameday. Feels like a scenario where we screw the pooch.

Definitely feel the same.  Maybe we will continue to improve if ever so slightly as we have been but Gameday or not I don't want to get rolled on prime time national tv again.  There's nothing worse.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Do people realize that even if Gameday doesn’t come, NU vs OSU will still be played on national TV in the prime time slot?

If people feel the game is going to be ugly, it still is going to be played. No matter what.   Might as well soften that blow with ESPN segments focusing on our staff, facilities, and the direction they are heading...

God can i Plus 1000 this comment please

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, WildBillMoos said:

Not so sure the national exposure Ohio State is gonna hand us is going to be 'positive.'

Well that's the beauty of it.

Gameday is a television show about college football that is on for 3 hours in the morning. They usually spend quite a bit of time featuring the host school. No actual football game is played. That doesn't happen until many hours later in the day. The only people watching the actual football game are the same people who were going to watch it anyway. Here's a quick summary.

Gameday...positive national exposure.

Football game....a completely separate ordeal that is going to occur whether or not we host Gameday.

• Plus1 5

Doesn’t it feel like we are due for something big to happen to the program? I understand people trying to write us off given our recent history in big games, but then again it is college football and upsets still happen all the time.

Wouldn’t this practically be Justin Fields first true road game as a starter, not counting a 11 am against Indiana they had this year... maybe the atmosphere would get to him 

• Plus1 3

33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Do people realize that even if Gameday doesn’t come, NU vs OSU will still be played on national TV in the prime time slot?

If people feel the game is going to be ugly, it still is going to be played. No matter what.   Might as well soften that blow with ESPN segments focusing on our staff, facilities, and the direction they are heading...

Glad I glad I wasn’t the only one thinking that.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

What direction is that?  Stuck in neutral so far.