Its on AM

BigPeterJ

10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Now we cant see the whole field here. But it looks like there is a ton of room to step up in the pocket to the left. Or possibly take off running to the left. Again I dont see who is over there.

That guy is in his face in about 3 seconds which is way too fast and the tackle is just skating backwards so I don't think AM expected him to be there that fast and thought he could get the throw off.

It does look like there is room to his left, but if you watch the play live he has already started his throwing motion with what looks like time but again the guy is there so fast. As well, if he moves to his left Wandale might no longer be open or he doesn't have room to get the pass in before Wandale is out of bounds. He probably could have run, but I think he knew he had Wandale but didn't anticipate his tackle would that ineffective at blocking.

16 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Just stop what? The fact that we as fans who have no idea what goes on in practice or know how anyone preforms? How about we let the man who is paid to figure it out, figure it out. AM is the QB and will continue to be the QB. And when things turn everyone will say "oh I knew he was it from the start, blah blah blah." Damn guys it's year f'n 2. Holy fudge balls filled with guacamole.

I think you didn't read my post correctly lol. I am saying that AM is our best option right now. I got roasted on here for saying that Bunch and Vedral aren't good QBs 

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

It does look like there is room to his left, but if you watch the play live he has already started his throwing motion with what looks like time but again the guy is there so fast.

Also, if you look at the other D-lineman to the left in front of him and think they are adequately blocked then I've got some oceanfront property for sale. 

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Also, if you look at the other D-lineman to the left in front of him and think they are adequately blocked then I've got some oceanfront property for sale. 

However if you watch the full replay AM gets no depth on his drop backwhixh gives the DE less room to make up and a much better angle.  It also reduces the pocket the five O-line can make.  

I realize the right tackle got stomped that play, but AM didn’t help him out any either 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Do we stop to think that maybe this isn't the case at this point in time. What if, and this is just an assumption that our head coach knows what TF he is doing when he watches practices and such that any of the backups aren't performing well enough or he doesn't think they would preform well enough to make a tangible difference.

Say Luke or Vedral starts and this same crap keeps happening the excuses would be, oh he's just a freshman just wait, and Vedral he isn't used to being the starter. Then we would call for the backups again. Let the coach do his damn job and stop making the backup QB a celebrity when it doesn't warrant it.

I dunno Sam Keller syndrome pops up sometimes in these situations.  I think you needed to get the other guys in after it went into the 40s.  I'm not saying a change but sometimes you need to give them a reality check. 

50 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

He would have completed the first pass that's was picked, it was thrown like a high school pass

29 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

Correct that was a terrible amateur throw...I could've made it and I'm left handed and old.  Sadly it was not his worst throw

Right, I'm sure you could nail a 17 yard throw rolling out with Chase Young on your heels. Only a qb as fast as Martinez gets the throw off anyway, Young was closing in. It was not a good throw, but it's not a pick against most DBs either. It was barely behind Robinson, not a lot of corners have the burst to get there cleanly. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Right, I'm sure you could nail a 17 yard throw rolling out with Chase Young on your heels. Only a qb as fast as Martinez gets the throw off anyway, Young was closing in. It was not a good throw, but it's not a pick against most DBs either. It was barely behind Robinson, not a lot of corners have the burst to get there cleanly. 

I never said I could, but he should have that's what he is here to do, and it was open, you can't do that if you want any chance. 

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes...he needs to play better.....and he knows it. 

I really think people forget what TM and Armstrong were like as QBs. AM playing poorly this year is those guys playing well. 

You could find example after example of both those guys missing short throw after short throw. They both just used to hit YOLO bombs a lot.