Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

16 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I can get behind this.  Frost even said in his post game presser that he will do whatever it takes to turn this around.  I believe him and that's why he is the right guy for the job.  Sometimes figuring things out looks ugly, like it does now.  Next year on D,  I think it will be addition by subtraction.  We may struggle early in the season due to youth on D, but by the end of the season, I think there will be significant improvement.  

I think with a solid QB we would be 6-3 or 7-2.  As much as everyone throws the entire team under the bus, AM has been the worst part of our team.  We all knew the defense wasnt gonna be great with our LB issues, defense has been about as expected.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I can get behind this.  Frost even said in his post game presser that he will do whatever it takes to turn this around.  I believe him and that's why he is the right guy for the job.  Sometimes figuring things out looks ugly, like it does now.  Next year on D,  I think it will be addition by subtraction.  We may struggle early in the season due to youth on D, but by the end of the season, I think there will be significant improvement.  

People said that about the offensive line after foster and farmer graduated.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

People said that about the offensive line after foster and farmer graduated.

Sometimes people are wrong.  Foster and Farmer were not all conference players.

We need to develop all conference linemen.  There's a chance Jurgens could become one.  And that credit would go to Frost and Austin.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Sker4Ever said:

Well those are just rumors and here you can physically see Wandales dad and NPG mom like these tweets so you’re way off there.

Unless you have a specific reason for creeping players parents Twitters do you feel special someone finally recognized the lowlife loser burner account you use to push drama? You finally get something you can stir the pot with there bud? Feel good about yourself?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It would be nice to some day have our next all conference lineman.  Maybe Jurgens at some point?

Jurgens is a big success for this staff so far. Snaps much improved and his blocked ability gets better each week. I think he has the chance to be an all conference or better lineman. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Jurgens is a big success for this staff so far. Snaps much improved and his blocked ability gets better each week. I think he has the chance to be an all conference or better lineman. 

I do too.

And if he can be an example of how this staff develops players versus the previous staff, we're gonna be fine.

Frost knows we have to get several players at an all conference level to really be competitive.  He accomplished that at UCF.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, thatguy said:

We will do well next year. You can mark this post. 

I choose to believe frost's love for husker football will win out over his ego this offseason. 

7 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree with most of this post, although i do think some of it is wishful thinking.  At certain spots on our Defense it very well could be addition by subtraction.  Problem is we lose by far our best 2 defenders.  Imagine this defense without Daniels and Jackson....cause thats the other side of the optimism coin.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I agree with most of this post, although i do think some of it is wishful thinking.  At certain spots on our Defense it very well could be addition by subtraction.  Problem is we lose by far our best 2 defenders.  Imagine this defense without Daniels and Jackson....cause thats the other side of the optimism coin.

Agree on Daniels. We won’t miss this kind of effort from 21.

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Are you saying that Daniels is good? He is not good, he's a sub par defensive tackle that doesn't really tackle, doesn't take a double to block him and gets run past quite frequently.  Yes he made a pick, but for as much as he runs his mouth, his play doesn't reflect that.  Go watch the touchdown where they run right up the middle.  He gets manhandled, which unfortunately is the case quite often.