2023 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

19 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Which I hope wins the close games where we lost so many.  Attention to detail does.  Has anybody heard if HC Matt Rhule is planning on doing this at the beginning or at the end of fall camp?

It has to be the first 2 weeks of fall camp, because the rest of the students arrive in mid-August and need access to those dorms.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It has to be the first 2 weeks of fall camp, because the rest of the students arrive in mid-August and need access to those dorms.

Rhule said 12 days - 2 weeks. According to the article I read they report July 30, start the first practice on July 31 and classes start Aug. 21.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think he is doing it bc he wants the team to bond on a more personal level.  Yes you sit at a table and eat and you go to practice together but do you really know what's going on with certain teammate's if they aren't open to talking.  Hope it helps bc it certainly didn't help when SF tried to bond the team with Navy Seal training.  

To be fair, other coaches did the Navy Seal training thing, including Bo during one of the better years since TO retired.

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

To be fair, other coaches did the Navy Seal training thing, including Bo during one of the better years since TO retired.

Certainly something was lacking for all three coaches that's all I'm saying.  You have to love the thought of what HC Matt Rhule is doing and how he is doing it.  Now if it helps who knows but one thing is for sure time will present that to you.

On 7/16/2023 at 1:31 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

Which I hope wins the close games where we lost so many.  Attention to detail does.  Has anybody heard if HC Matt Rhule is planning on doing this at the beginning or at the end of fall camp?

What was kind of lost in all that close game business is many of those games shouldn't have been close in the first place, based on team talent.  We shouldn't be playing teams like Georgia Southern and Northwestern close on a regular basis.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

Looks like we know a couple more kickoff times and TV networks.

Nov 11th vs MD a 2:30 kick on NBC.

Night game in Madison on November 18th on NBC. (I assume this game time is against the Badgers wishes because it’s too cold for November night games for the old guard B1G teams.  Barry Alvarez must be turning over in his grave.)

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Night game in Madison on November 18th on NBC. (I assume this game time is against the Badgers wishes because it’s too cold for November night games for the old guard B1G teams.  Barry Alvarez must be turning over in his grave.)

I like this for other reasons.  Buddies and I are going to the MSU game on 11/4, and now if that is in the AM we can hit the Michigan/Purdue game at night also and see two stadiums in one trip!

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wait, did he get buried alive? I swore he was still alive. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

On 7/28/2023 at 9:43 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

Does anyone have a guess what the game time will be for the Sept 23 game? My guess would be either 11 AM or a night game.

Rutgers and Michigan is at 11am on BTN.  Maryland at Michigan State is at 2:30 on ESPN.  Minnesota at Northwestern is TBD.  Ohio State vs Notre Dame is at 6:30 on NBC.  Iowa at Penn State is at 7pm on CBS.  Wisconsin and Purdue play Friday night.   Nebraska, Illinois, and Indiana play lower level teams so 2 of those will likely be BTN games at 2:30 and 6 so pretty good chance they get one of those slots.      

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Rutgers and Michigan is at 11am on BTN.  Maryland at Michigan State is at 2:30 on ESPN.  Minnesota at Northwestern is TBD.  Ohio State vs Notre Dame is at 6:30 on NBC.  Iowa at Penn State is at 7pm on CBS.  Wisconsin and Purdue play Friday night.   Nebraska, Illinois, and Indiana play lower level teams so 2 of those will likely be BTN games at 2:30 and 6 so pretty good chance they get one of those slots.      

Thanks!

• Mavric unpinned this topic