The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

In the 20/21 school year, my now 9 year old daughter wore a mask into and out of the school, and in the hallways. Never in the classroom, lunch room or recess. She was only around the 25 kids in her class in a school that immediately installed one of the UV ventilation systems and put up plexiglass around the desks in the classroom with their COVID $ from the feds. In the 21/22 school year, masks were parent choice. She has been remote for 1.5 weeks the entire time. I suspect she will be better off in the long run. We are very thankful for the school she attends.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/randi-weingarten-suggests-not-getting-rid-masks-zero-transmission-schools

• Plus1 3

The stats are in. The charts are clear.

But I have yet to hear the Antii-Vaxx response. By now it's easy enough to claim the CDC or any elitist healthcare agency is simply lying to protect their agenda. Or point to a vaxxed person who died of Omicron, as if that settles the case. That's what the brainwashed do.

But if you're an elected Republican pandering to a base, and if COVID is killing record numbers in your state, the vast majority being your voters, how do you respond to that chart? Are these people ever directly grilled on those numbers?

Even Donald Trump came out and recommended the vaccine, and he got booed.

Seriously, is there an anti-vax response to these numbers? I haven't seen it. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But I have yet to hear the Antii-Vaxx response. By now it's easy enough to claim the CDC or any elitist healthcare agency is simply lying to protect their agenda. Or point to a vaxxed person who died of Omicron, as if that settles the case. That's what the brainwashed do.

But if you're an elected Republican pandering to a base, and if COVID is killing record numbers in your state, the vast majority being your voters, how do you respond to that chart? Are these people ever directly grilled on those numbers?

I think their response is:

• "Biden shouldn't have pandered and said he was going to name a black woman to the supreme court"
  • "Joe Rogan shouldn't be cancelled he's just talking truth"
  • "Dems are stopping masking rules but don't have the studies to prove it"
  • "Jill Biden was why the Afganistan evacuation failed"
  • "Sarah Palin got screwed by the NYT"
  • "California - CRIME"
  • "MS13 gang members are crossing the border"  (again)
  • "Human Trafficking will skyrocket because of the Superbowl"
  • "Putin SHOULD invade Ukraine - Putin is an ok dude"
  • "Black History Month is about more than just Black Americans -Every moment of greatness in our history belongs to all Americans" (seriously - it's a headline right now)
  • Plus1 5
11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

• "Biden shouldn't have pandered and said he was going to name a black woman to the supreme court"
  • "California - CRIME"
  • "Black History Month is about more than just Black Americans -Every moment of greatness in our history belongs to all Americans" (seriously - it's a headline right now)

Really?  Stop thinking

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

• "California - CRIME"

You'd probably make a few bucks if you could manage to put this on a yard sign.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

• "California - CRIME"

Did you pull these off the Fox News website front page?

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The charts make an obvious case to get vaccinated, and they make a pretty strong case against a vaccine mandate as well. What is that, 70-80 deaths per 100,000 infections? And who knows how many cases go undetected/unreported , so the death rate is likely significantly lower than that. Just in my household, we’ve had Covid run through twice, and why wife is the only one that ever tested, the first time she had it. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The charts make an obvious case to get vaccinated, and they make a pretty strong case against a vaccine mandate as well. What is that, 70-80 deaths per 100,000 infections? And who knows how many cases go undetected/unreported , so the death rate is likely significantly lower than that. Just in my household, we’ve had Covid run through twice, and why wife is the only one that ever tested, the first time she had it. 

i look at the total U.S. population of 330,000,000 and over 900,000 covid deaths so far.    what does that round to?   about 1 in 350 americans dead so far from this virus?   that doesn't seem insignificant to me...but hey....if people don't want to get vaxxed and prefer to be among the higher percentage of americans who die from this....more power to them i guess.  

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I guess we could argue about the number of acceptable avoidable deaths. Recent history suggests 2,000 American deaths were worth two separate trillion dollar wars, and 4 dead Americans in Benghazi were worth non-stop Congressional investigations and hand-wringing.

The American Dream is the freedom to be as stupid as you want and die however you see fit, but if you are one of the Americans who has had a loved one turned away from a hospital bed because they were full of unvaccinated COVID patients suddenly demanding that medical science cure them, you might not take the impact of Covid so lightly. 

Can you imagine World War II today? Americans being asked to ration gas, forgo rubber, sacrifice food, and turn off their lights at dusk? 

Covid has already killed twice as many Americans as WW II. 

• Plus1 6
42 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I guess we could argue about the number of acceptable avoidable deaths. Recent history suggests 2,000 American deaths were worth two separate trillion dollar wars, and 4 dead Americans in Benghazi were worth non-stop Congressional investigations and hand-wringing.

The American Dream is the freedom to be as stupid as you want and die however you see fit, but if you are one of the Americans who has had a loved one turned away from a hospital bed because they were full of unvaccinated COVID patients suddenly demanding that medical science cure them, you might not take the impact of Covid so lightly. 

Can you imagine World War II today? Americans being asked to ration gas, forgo rubber, sacrifice food, and turn off their lights at dusk? 

Covid has already killed twice as many Americans as WW II. 

Not only would many b!^@h, I think a significant number of people would actually take up arms against the US if the President wasn’t from their party.

Just look at Tucker and the Ukraine situation. If this situation were to escalate to a world war, him and many others have chosen the side of Russia.  

The past two years have crushed my faith in Americans as strong people willing to sacrifice for the greater good.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That's enough to overwhelm hospitals. We've been in the Red for a while now because our hospitals are full. No elective surgeries.

• Plus1 1