Wisconsin Game Cancelled

2 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

I recall addressing this issue in the Mega-Thread as it related to all of CF & the collective response was it's not about W's & L's in this covid season.   Unsurprisingly, that changed quickly.  As Frost said, teams will find a way...

I get what your saying. BUT we have other conferences that have played like 7 games already. So we have plenty of reason to grip. The big ten mis-management put us in a position to not be able to make up games. All the other conferences played like 5 or 6 games before we started our season. 

Sorry but the Big Ten are a bunch of f#&%ing idiots. We delayed our season to "be safer than everyone else". Well why the f#&% did we re-start our season when cases are spiking. We could have half the season over by now if we started when everyone else did.

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. This sort of behavior drags them into the dislike level of Iowa. 

I've heard multiple people in the know say their administration never wanted to play the season in the first place.

Given we are not in the room, I think it's fair to at least throw the possibility out there that they were told they couldn't play.  I bet the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

I've heard multiple people in the know say their administration never wanted to play the season in the first place.

Given we are not in the room, I think it's fair to at least throw the possibility out there that they were told they couldn't play.  I bet the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Good then. Withdraw their name from the rest of the damn season. Cancel all their remaining games.

• Plus1 1

There's no conspiracy and they're not scared of us. It seems as if they're having an outbreak (possibly their players' fault, or possibly just bad luck) and are trying to get ahead of it so that they only have to miss one week voluntarily instead of three mandatorily. Get mad at the Big Ten for bungling this season and providing no flexibility with this asinine half-measure of a schedule. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

There's no conspiracy and they're not scared of us. It seems as if they're having an outbreak (possibly their players' fault, or possibly just bad luck) and are trying to get ahead of it so that they only have to miss one week voluntarily instead of three mandatorily. Get mad at the Big Ten for bungling this season and providing no flexibility with this asinine half-measure of a schedule. 

Its possible, but its kinda ironic that they are down to there fourth string quarterback.  I am pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot, we would be playing this game.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Definitely worse that they're choosing not to play rather than being forced not to play - I can see an argument for the forfeit there. But on the flip side if it is being transmitted on the field I'd rather not play them, I know there's sometimes a delay in testing positive. Don't want them to wreck the season even more by spreading it to us. 

• Plus1 1

Moos needs to push publicly for Wisky to get a L for forfeit when they *can* play but *choose* not to. That, and Wisky shouldn't be allowed to turn around and play next week either, all things considered. 

Also, we damn well better have Wisky at home next season (unless Wisky incurs a forfeit). 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Moos needs to push publicly for Wisky to get a L for forfeit when they *can* play but *choose* not to. That, and Wisky shouldn't be allowed to turn around and play next week either, all things considered. 

Also, we damn well better have Wisky at home next season (unless Wisky incurs a forfeit). 

I doubt they will play next week, they announced they are pausing all football activities for 7 days. No way they try and play Purdue with just Wed/Thu/Fri to practice after a week of nothing. I assume no football activity means no meetings or anything.