***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Trying to understand these voter fraud concerns, so in states like California where no photo id is required, what do they bring with them when they vote? Do you not have to prove on any level who you are?

Does Nebraska require a photo ID to vote? Anecdotally, I pulled my ID out when I voted and they said I didn't need to look at it. My experience was exactly like Moiraine's.

They are setting up their last ditch effort to ask the SCOTUS to rule on the legality of mail-in votes.   That’s it. They’re counting on the conservative majority to come through for them.

At this point if SCOTUS even considers it, this country will explode. 

26 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

They are setting up their last ditch effort to ask the SCOTUS to rule on the legality of mail-in votes.   That’s it. They’re counting on the conservative majority to come through for them.

At this point if SCOTUS even considers it, this country will explode. 

Yep. But where are you seeing this? I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve only seen their attempted challenged to more specific things. Not all mail in voting. 

28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yep. But where are you seeing this? I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve only seen their attempted challenged to more specific things. Not all mail in voting. 

Not seeing it directly. Just a hunch. They’re all emphasizing “legal votes “, thus implying that illegal votes caused Biden to win.  It’s the only possible angle I can imagine. 

11 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Not seeing it directly. Just a hunch. They’re all emphasizing “legal votes “, thus implying that illegal votes caused Biden to win.  It’s the only possible angle I can imagine. 

Ah ok, I thought this was something you were reading. No, I don't think that will happen. If you're going to be a fearmongerer you should mention it's something you think will happen :p. They would be laughed out of any lower court. What they are doing is claiming fraud but they don't have evidence so they aren't getting anywhere.

For me, personally, I put it in perspective like this. Since I have been of voting age, we have had as POTUS 

R-R-D-R-D-R and now D. With regards to my daily life, nothing has fundamentally changed regardless. So, with that in mind, I would much rather have a decent person in charge, for my personal viewpoint as well as the rest of the world's view, rather than a devisive narcissist, regardless of my political stance. I think we will swing back to that standing under Biden

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Electors vote on Dec. 14. States are supposed to have results certified by Dec. 8.

Then the House and Senate count electoral votes and if no candidate gets to 270 the House votes, but it’s 1 vote per state delegation. 

Wish I could go to sleep and wake up in late January.