Nebraska is not a good football team

I am I

41 minutes ago, URSS said:

Losing 14 scholarship players is a serious defect.  The coaches apparently recruited players they didn’t like, lacked the leadership to inspire the players to commit, or drove them away because they coaches change their concept too much or demonstrate incompetence or insincerity for the players future.

The coaches lost 3 or 4 defensive backs early in the COBID19 season delay- they went back to the SEC where played did not delay the season start.  
It’s been three years of Frost’s recruits and we are not near fielding a strong competitive team.

I don’t the defense is good and don’t like the scheme.  The DC and assistants should be replaced and the offensive assistants should be evaluated.  
Frost had better consider new assistants or the AD will replace all of them.  
I hate to think of a revolving door in the Football Dept but they must achieve some success or get fired.

We fired Solich for not winning the big game despite 9 win seasons.  We fired Pelion with good winning seasons for losing the big game and his big mouth and a crazy brother.  In the mean time we hired and fired Callahan and Riley- both destroyers of traditions and good seasons.  We also fired Craig Bohl who went on to success at North Dakota State and Wyoming.  Solich has well at Ohio in 16 seasons- not up to Devaney or Osborne standards but better than we got at UNL.  

Be sure to drink some water before bed.

• Haha 6

I want Scott Frost to succeed at Nebraska, I really do. But he's not.

His teams are woefully undisciplined and he can't call plays worth a crap.

His teams commit high numbers of penalties and turnovers.

I've kind of given up at this point. NW should be a game we win year in and out, with maybe the occasional upset. We should be at least competitive in the west.

In a year when Wisconsin is a clusterf#&% and the West is wide open, Frost s#!ts the bed in year 3 and he needs to only look in the mirror to see who to blame.

He's getting paid way too damn much to put this crappy product on the field. This isnt a player issue. I think we have the players to win, especially this game.

His seat should be getting warm, not hot, but warm. He needs to win out to cool it off for me. Figure this s#!t out.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Normally I'd still be mad on Sunday morning after a frustrating loss like yesterday's, but now I just feel numb.

Preface to this before anybody takes it the wrong way: This is not a defense of starting Adrian against Penn State at all. But just an observation:

McCaffrey also had a really stupid interception in the red zone as well. If we had just kicked a field goal on that drive and then hadn't missed the earlier field goal, then on our last drive we're only down by two and we'd have attempted to kick a field goal for the win.

Anyway, my point is that it wasn't just Martinez that cost us points in the red zone, it was Luke as well. Our offense sucks in the red zone and it's 100% on Frost to fix it.

• Plus1 1

On 11/7/2020 at 1:44 PM, I am I said:

We’ve had flashes here and there since 2002, but the reality is, we don’t have a good cohesive team and we don’t have very good individual talent. 

I’m not here just complaining, I’m really just saying that in  our 3rd regime in 6 yrs or so, we aren’t good. Not together as a team and no real individual good players or stars 

it is what it is. Still my team and I’m still a fan, but I have zero expectations of victory or competitive glory 

I agree with the concerns about a cohesive team and the fact that they aren't good, but I don't necessarily think individual talent is the problem. Since 2001, Nebraska has consistently recruited better or on-par than its divisional foes AND it has recruited in the upper echelon of its overall conference. Just from a pure, raw talent standpoint... I don't think there's any reason for Nebraska to be as bad as they've been.

IMO this is more about coaching, culture and mindset. 20 years of relative mediocrity seems to have sunk into the very fibers of the football program. Frost says a lot of pretty things that gets our blood pumping, but so far, his teams have not shown what he preaches.

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

He needs to see the field on a regular basis. 

Fleming was a 4 star with Georgia and FSU offers, kid has a high ceiling. Manning and Betts also high ceiling guys. So much rather have the high ceiling guys that could break an 80 yarder at any time, but may miss a block here and there. Found this about NFL WR scouting.

"Blocking is a nice skill set for a wide receiver, but NFL coaches could teach a toddler to stalk block or run off coverage. It's great that Julio Jones is a menacing blocker, but how often does that skill change or win ball games for the Atlanta Falcons?" 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Fleming was a 4 star with Georgia and FSU offers, kid has a high ceiling. Manning and Betts also high ceiling guys. So much rather have the high ceiling guys that could break an 80 yarder at any time, but may miss a block here and there. Found this about NFL WR scouting.

"Blocking is a nice skill set for a wide receiver, but NFL coaches could teach a toddler to stalk block or run off coverage. It's great that Julio Jones is a menacing blocker, but how often does that skill change or win ball games for the Atlanta Falcons?" 

You don't bring in recievers to block, you bring them in to catch the ball and run past everybody else. That said in this offense WR blocking is a skill that changes the game. We run too many bubble screens. If we aren't blocking on the perimeter it screws the whole offense. Maybe that's part of the issue. Its funny though because I think the screens would be more successful if the defense was scared of everybody that could catch the ball rather than just locking in on Wandale as the only threat. If Warner is essentially a lineman split out wide it makes blocking those plays harder because the defense already knows why he's on the field. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1