QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

18 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

This prolly doesn't need to be said but there is a stark difference between the caliber of player Raiola is vs. the caliber of player 2AM was coming out of high school.  One was a top 200 recruit the other is the clear #1 recruit in his entire class.  

Sure, rushing qbs to play typically isn't the best route if there are experienced, more mature options in the qb room.  That doesn't apply to the #1 qb in the country, barring injury, theres no way in hell hes not the starter day 1 if he commits here.  

This. If Raiola comes here, he's taking the first snap. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Pedro G said:

The question I have is did he grow up being a Husker fan because of his dad? I know he once had committed to OSU, but wasn’t that partially because of the toxicity he may had seen with Frost? I just hope he has a stronger passion for Nebraska which brings him here. 

I don't think it's a lack of passion with Dylan. I think that he wants to play for Nebraska and genuinely wants to be a player that revives the program.

But, looking at things from his prospective, Nebraska is a hard sell. The receivers here aren't nearly as talented as what he would have around him at Georgia or USC. The running game, which takes a lot of pressure of QBs, has been terrible here for the last few years.

Mostly, the offensive line isn't just atrocious here: it's dangerous to play behind it. Adrian Martinez played through multiple injuries in 2021, including having his jaw wired closed and he ate through a tube for months. In 2022, Nebraska had 3 QBs injured at various points, 2 of which required offseason surgery. Nebraska QBs were among the most sacked and most pressured in the country.

If you're Dylan - what does Nebraska offer? In my opinion, it isn't much. Other than reviving a Blue Blood program and leaving your mark... there isn't much we have roster wise to sell him. The only reason he's even looking our way is passion, so I wouldn't doubt that he has it for Nebraska - even if he doesn't come here.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't think it's a lack of passion with Dylan. I think that he wants to play for Nebraska and genuinely wants to be a player that revives the program.

But, looking at things from his prospective, Nebraska is a hard sell. The receivers here aren't nearly as talented as what he would have around him at Georgia or USC. The running game, which takes a lot of pressure of QBs, has been terrible here for the last few years.

Mostly, the offensive line isn't just atrocious here: it's dangerous to play behind it. Adrian Martinez played through multiple injuries in 2021, including having his jaw wired closed and he ate through a tube for months. In 2022, Nebraska had 3 QBs injured at various points, 2 of which required offseason surgery. Nebraska QBs were among the most sacked and most pressured in the country.

If you're Dylan - what does Nebraska offer? In my opinion, it isn't much. Other than reviving a Blue Blood program and leaving your mark... there isn't much we have roster wise to sell him. The only reason he's even looking our way is passion, so I wouldn't doubt that he has it for Nebraska - even if he doesn't come here.

You have some valued points. That’s where Rhule and his staff will have to step in and sell him the future of Nebraska football, such as there is a lot of potential at WR and a lot of heavy emphasis on improving the OL. And that Rhule and the OC have both coached the OL as assistants and that will be the foundation of the offense. Plus  convincing Dylan he will have the best development  program in the country with a state-of-the-art strength and conditioning program with maybe the best facilities in the country.

And if he can clearly see Rhule’s vision for the future and is blown away by it, and he is blown away with the new facility, I see N in a strong position. So, yes, we are talking about future potential, whether Dylan believes that potential can be realized, and he wants to be a part of what he thinks will be a big turnaround. But I agree with you Rhule can’t sell the past but what can be in the future. Hopefully his dad sees Rhule’s vision, which could helped our chances.

Thus it’s a matter of increasing the relationship with Dylan, create more interest, and then finally create the desire that N will be a great fit. If Rhule is able to make a very effective sales funnel, that could be the difference. From what I have seen so far, it appears N has the coaches who can achieve that, unlike the Frost staff. Challenging? Absolutely! Achievable? Definitely. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is actually where, if we are lucky enough to get him, I'm going to be optimistic about our O line long term.  With Dad and Uncle being very good O linemen, they know what that looks like and are not going to want him playing behind a bad line.  So, if we get him, Dad must be very convinced that Uncle can put together a much improved line.

On 2/16/2023 at 12:13 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Fully in agreement here. Hopefully he believes in his uncle and his ability to get the line right.

On 2/16/2023 at 12:13 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Unfortunately, you are spot on ! This is why some, if not many of us are predicting USC or Georgia. There are tons of players whom don’t play for their “favorite childhood” team for various reasons. As much as I would love him here, and believe he could be a program changer, it really makes zero sense from most viewpoints. Risking your career ( not injury ending, but statistically), based on “hoping” things get fixed is a dangerous and bold move. He would really have to bet on himself, which hopefully is his mindset.

45 minutes ago, HANC said:

Unfortunately, you are spot on ! This is why some, if not many of us are predicting USC or Georgia. There are tons of players whom don’t play for their “favorite childhood” team for various reasons. As much as I would love him here, and believe he could be a program changer, it really makes zero sense from most viewpoints. Risking your career ( not injury ending, but statistically), based on “hoping” things get fixed is a dangerous and bold move. He would really have to bet on himself, which hopefully is his mindset.

This maybe is true. That’s why Rhule and his uncle will need a very convincing sales funnel to get him here. It will be very challenging for sure. But so far from what I have seen, this may be the best recruiting coaching staff since Callahan’s — although we really won’t  know that for sure until Rhule gets a couple of more classes behind him. But I feel good that Rhule and his energetic staff are keeping us as one of the front runners. Plus the family connections don’t hurt. All I can say is we are in it, when otherwise it would probably be impossible. But I won’t drink the Kool Aid. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic