What did we learn? Illinois Edition

I honestly don’t understand how some on here lay some blame on the defense. It was 100 degrees outside and due to our inept offense we lost time of possession badly 

if we score the points we should have in the first half we’re in a position to control the game and run the clock out.

some of you have clearly never played football before if you think a defense is supposed to be the savior when the other offense has the ball for 35 mins. 

• Plus1 6

1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

"Costly miscues and sloppy special-teams play doomed the Huskers"

I copied this as a headline from Huskermax.  How many games in the Frost era would this fit?

While this headline is accurate, it also alleviates a s#!t load of blame for a 4 year starting quarterback who needs to be a helluva a lot better 

14 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I honestly don’t understand how some on here lay some blame on the defense. It was 100 degrees outside and due to our inept offense we lost time of possession badly 

if we score the points we should have in the first half we’re in a position to control the game and run the clock out.

some of you have clearly never played football before if you think a defense is supposed to be the savior when the other offense has the ball for 35 mins. 

They were on the field that 3rd quarter drive for almost 8-9 minutes.  The AM on the next series takes the ball to the house and they are right back out.  Needed the TD.  You take what you can get, but it is like the O, D and ST are 3 seperate teams that do not communicate.  One does not try to help the other.  It is a disjointed affair at best.

I learned the Left Behind 8 conference has an opening for admission. You would have won a close game with that effort playing Kansas and order would be restored. Black shirts with a goal line stand to preserve the win. Annual Thanksgiving game with Oklahoma resumed---Okie light version but at least they wouldn't hang 70 on you like OU will in a few weeks. May require a Jr membership until Txass and OU leave but no big deal since you spent a few years doing that already. 

Nothing different from last year but I am going to list again for emphasis:

(1) it is apparent that Frost does not believe that he needs special teams because we do not have any

(2) any player from the women’s soccer squad can kick better than our kickers

(3) Adrian Martinez was in a comma since last season and just woke up for the game because his performance is exactly the same as last year with the added rust accumulated during the comma

(4) our offense has no identity what so ever

(5) we have no stand out players in any position

(6) we probably lead all college football in most penalties over the past four years

(7) we are irrelevant 

(8) Frost is not the answer. He is way over his head and needs to admit that he cannot fix this nightmare

(9) we play with no fire or passion and this whole squad looks like they do not believe they can win a game. Zero confidence and subzero swagger. 

23 minutes ago, lo country said:

They were on the field that 3rd quarter drive for almost 8-9 minutes.  The AM on the next series takes the ball to the house and they are right back out.  Needed the TD.  You take what you can get, but it is like the O, D and ST are 3 seperate teams that do not communicate.  One does not try to help the other.  It is a disjointed affair at best.

I’ll agree with you it’s a disjointed affair. But the first half of our offense doing absolutely nothing and leaving our defense out on the field did them zero favors and clearly played a role.

if we’re being honest that first Illinois drive in the 2nd half is exactly what we used to do consistently for decades. 

• Plus1 2