Frost needs fired

I said at the beginning of the season I'd go with the eye test as much as the record. The biggest thing for me the last couple years -- and why Illinois was such a killer -- was the failure to make adjustments and the lifeless second halves. That seems to have been addressed the last six games. If I step out of my Husker shoes and become the average football fan, this Nebraska team has been playing exciting ball against ranked competition on national television. Ipso facto.....they're relevant. 

If we go 6-6 the rest of the way, and the bowl-clinching game is beating a highly ranked Iowa at home, I would absolutely consider the season a success and Frost's seat safe for a few months. If we revert to our old ways against Minnesota and Purdue, it gets very hard to defend him.

But to build on a 6-6 or 7-5 season, Frost needs to come in next year relying on an untested quarterback, having lost much of a resurgent defense that relied heavily on someone else's recruits. 

This patience thing could get tiring.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

If we go 3-5 can it with the we are getting better crap. That’s all Im saying. Im at a steady holding state currently. 

I’ll reserve my judgement based on what the team actually looks like and how they arrive at their final record, whatever it ends up being. I’ll “can” it if and when canning it is warranted. 

Your way would be easier as all it requires is looking at two numbers at a predetermined  point in time. Wish I could treat it so simply but I can’t.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I said at the beginning of the season I'd go with the eye test as much as the record. The biggest thing for me the last couple years -- and why Illinois was such a killer -- was the failure to make adjustments and the lifeless second halves. That seems to have been addressed the last six games. If I step out of my Husker shoes and become the average football fan, this Nebraska team has been playing exciting ball against ranked competition on national television. Ipso facto.....they're relevant. 

If we go 6-6 the rest of the way, and the bowl-clinching game is beating a highly ranked Iowa at home, I would absolutely consider the season a success and Frost's seat safe for a few months. If we revert to our old ways against Minnesota and Purdue, it gets very hard to defend him.

But to build on a 6-6 or 7-5 season, Frost needs to come in next year relying on an untested quarterback, having lost much of a resurgent defense that relied heavily on someone else's recruits. 

This patience thing could get tiring.  

I have a feeling Martinez will be back.  Especially if we finish the season strong.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ll reserve my judgement based on what the team actually looks like and how they arrive at their final record, whatever it ends up being. I’ll “can” it if and when canning it is warranted. 

Your way would be easier as all it requires is looking at two numbers at a predetermined  point in time. Wish I could treat it so simply but I can’t.

I dont think its so much two numbers as it is two letters.

2 hours ago, B1GRED said:

Saban knows, and T.O. knew to give credit to the team in victory and coaches take credit for a loss.  That's how you become a coach with NCs under your belt.   Frost has never taken credit for not having players ready for big moments.  Ever.  Not once in 4 years.

The f#&% he hasn't. After Illinois he said it was his and the coaches fault.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Honestly I think if we had an offensive line that was Junior and senior we would be winning all these football games. That's not a knock on the offensive line because I do feel that they are giving 100% And they are playing to the best of their ability right now but the difference between a freshman and Senior is light years. It would have been nice if Martinez had a senior offensive line this year

No cause at the end of the day it doesn't matter much better we are then the competition see Illinois, our QB is still a choke artist.

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Honestly I think if we had an offensive line that was Junior and senior we would be winning all these football games. That's not a knock on the offensive line because I do feel that they are giving 100% And they are playing to the best of their ability right now but the difference between a freshman and Senior is light years. It would have been nice if Martinez had a senior offensive line this year

No cause at the end of the day it doesn't matter how much better we are then the competition see Illinois, our QB is still a choke artist.

Losing is losing. You can sprinkle whatever you want on a loss. At the end of the day, a loss is a loss. And many of our losses have come down to poor coaching and decision making, clock management errors, etc.

If you’re in a management position, and you have an employee who has performed not below average but poor for 4 years straight. Are you really going to keep him around? Because the big wigs above you as the manager might not like that decision. And then it’s your behind that’ll reach boiling point sooner rather than later.

The silver lining through all this is IF Scott is let go it will be about wins and losses. So, really they’ve got to get to a bowl game this year or he’s finished, IMHO. Media wouldn’t scold Nebraska for making a dumb decision they would say, “hmm, makes sense. 4 straight losing seasons will get any coach fired.” This is eerily similar to Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech where it didn’t work out for him either. 

And guess what? That’s OK! You move on, you find a new coach who’s experienced and will make this state proud without all the hype and cheerleading speak and boasting. We need a coach who’s no nonsense and a disciplinarian. A Big Ten team is identified as a team that’s well coached, doesn’t make mistakes, doesn’t turn the ball over, master of fundamentals. 

Just go take a look at Iowa FFS!

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

SF drops to 0-10 against ranked opponents.  Just saying .....

BTW under MR era, Huskers beat Michigan St and Oregon ..... both Top25 rankings

A portion of the fan base just doesn't care what his record is. They're old enough to remember all the glory years and they're fine watching entertaining close games now.

• Haha 1

Harbaugh should be exiled, he is a cheatin azz mofo with refs in his pocket as evidenced by the head of B1G officiating (https://bigten.org/staff.aspx?staff=90) WHO OIS A FUGGIN OSU EMPLOYEE (https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/staff/diana-sabau/). All stories have 2 sides, and the R1Gged stories play 2nd fiddle to the likes of OU vs NU; hence, nebraska doesnt have a hope in hell with the RIGGED 10.

• Plus1 1

Here is where I am at. I wanted and still want Frost to succeed.  No doubt we are playing MUCH better. The D has improved by leaps and bounds and has been able to keep us in games.  BUT we are still losing.  And that's where I have concerns.  The losses are MUCH closer, but still losses.  We currently sit at 3-0 in the moral victory column.  

What concerns me is that even though we are losing better, we are still losing.  Frost currently has a 14-25 record IIRC.  We are 5-16 in one score games.....Almost 50% of our games are decided by 1 score or less.  Yet Frost sits at a 25% clip even being 0-4 this year.  The other hard part is we have had the ball "last" multiple times....In OT we have yet to score a point or even get a 1st down.  TBH, this IMHO, is play calling AND execution.  I read last night that the Yanimal was benched for going the wrong way on a play in the 3rd quarter....Really!  As many multiple mistakes that pAnother layers have made that were not benched (I have called for benching or sitting out to get coached up), but the game is on the line and you pull your biggest back......Another nod to the play calling, in the waning minutes of the one score loss it is as if we have no 2 minute offense.  None.  Again that's coaching.  Unsure if Frost has the acumen to be an OC at this level.  Or if splitting duties is making it even harder to have one play flow into the next.

IF we do not go bowling, unsure how Frost stays.  Even splitting 2 of the 4 one score losses this year we are now sitting at 5 wins.....Over his career here would have given us 2 more wins over each season (ie bowling every year), but we can't seem to do that.  We are not any closer, as we still lose the close games.  If Frost were to stay, I'd reach out to an established OC who knows the B1G or reach out to Jamey Chadwell at Coastal.  Currently making $850k/year.  @Hedley Lamarr and I beat the drum for him, but I'd give him a hard look.....