Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

40 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I posted this in another thread a few weeks back. It's called familiarity bias where some show a favoritism toward those they are more familiar with, and because of that, they are unable to objectively evaluate that person as they might somebody they were not familiar with.  It is hard for some fans to admit they are giving Frost's special treatment compared to another coach that had no ties to Nebraska.  

Completely agree HN1.  

I'll be optimistic.  Winning 3 is not out of possibilities.  Frost has just gotta figure a way to incorporate AM rolling out and away from pressure.  If the OL can't give him time, manufacture time.....Misdirection in the running game.  It is obvious our OL is having  a hard time.... Get the D moving one way and go across/opposite that. Make the D pay for the "ears pinned back pursuit".  Forget about being fair and giving playing time to guys who practice hard. Give it to the guys that ball out.  Coach now, culture later.  Surprise everyone including your team and fans by using the twin towers in the red zone...  Run the triple option with a RB and not a WR.....Use the I-formation.  PA your a$$ off.  Forget the +yardage plays.  OL won't give the time.  Short, quick vertical hitters.....NO ONE wants you to fail......

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'll be optimistic.  Winning 3 is not out of possibilities.  Frost has just gotta figure a way to incorporate AM rolling out and away from pressure.  If the OL can't give him time, manufacture time.....Misdirection in the running game.  It is obvious our OL is having  a hard time.... Get the D moving one way and go across/opposite that. Make the D pay for the "ears pinned back pursuit".  Forget about being fair and giving playing time to guys who practice hard. Give it to the guys that ball out.  Coach now, culture later.  Surprise everyone including your team and fans by using the twin towers in the red zone...  Run the triple option with a RB and not a WR.....Use the I-formation.  PA your a$$ off.  Forget the +yardage plays.  OL won't give the time.  Short, quick vertical hitters.....NO ONE wants you to fail......

Even winning the rest of our games is a possibility until those dates arrive. Frost blew through all stop signs to make changes to his staff and/scheme. What you see is what you get. My optimistic outlook is we beat Purdue and maybe Wisconsin or Iowa however reality is setting in and I just don’t see enough energy from our team to rally. I hope I’m wrong.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I’ll chime in.  I’m somewhat guilty of this.  But, it’s not necessarily only in the interest of sentiment.  There’s a little of that.  More so it’s the want of long term stability.  Like not worrying your coach is going to jump ship for a “better” job whenever there’s an SEC opening, for example.  More like a Kirk Ferentz type tenure with, of course, better results.   

Very honest answer and one that most fans agree with.  We all want continuity and sustained success.  However, we must begin to evaluate the significant body of work that already exists and determine if it forecasts future success.  4 years in it is becoming increasingly difficult to see a scenario where our current approach leads to success.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, FTW said:

Even winning the rest of our games is a possibility until those dates arrive. Frost blew through all stop signs to make changes to his staff and/scheme. What you see is what you get. My optimistic outlook is we beat Purdue and maybe Wisconsin or Iowa however reality is setting in and I just don’t see enough energy from our team to rally. I hope I’m wrong.

Should have phrased better.  “If I’m being optimistic”.....In reality, I see a better chance of 0-4 or 1-3....Based on previous years....Can’t remember the last time we beat Wisky, Iowa Or OSU.......Its been that long.  Hoping the team and staff can pull it together.  And hope really isn’t an action plan...One game at a time.  I think if we lose Sat, the wheels fall off.  

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Is this an excuse or just an observation?  He’s hardly the first coach to have kids. And if they are a distraction, he shouldn’t have taken the job. Or maybe that’s a lesson for us. 

Do people just respond without reading anything? Are you actually factually serious here?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Are you hearing this from your insider sources?  Regardless of what the higher ups decide, do YOU feel Frost should be retained if we finish with another losing season that includes a bad loss against OSU?

I couldn't be more excited to watch this team play the next four games.

Not so long ago, three of those teams handed our @$$e$ to us.  Badly 

I also couldn't be happier that the higher ups (who also fully know the pulse of the donors) support Frost.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
28 minutes ago, lo country said:

Should have phrased better.  “If I’m being optimistic”.....In reality, I see a better chance of 0-4 or 1-3....Based on previous years....Can’t remember the last time we beat Wisky, Iowa Or OSU.......Its been that long.  Hoping the team and staff can pull it together.  And hope really isn’t an action plan...One game at a time.  I think if we lose Sat, the wheels fall off.  

That optimism didn't last long lo.....lol.

1 hour ago, FTW said:

We have improved significantly in defense and are a top 20 rushing team.....so what exactly is wrong with our scheme?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sip on 1620 this afternoon said Frost would be on the hot seat with a loss to Purdue FYI. 

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/

He’s already on the seat. Check the link and the length of this thread. Brohm was in the top 5 but beating Iowa quiets the naysayers. Frost can do this too but he must beat teams he’s supposed to like Purdue. This is a big game, if we pull another Illinois Minny it’ll be ugly. Demolish Purdue and you shut people up. I want to see which team shows up.

3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Is this an excuse or just an observation?  He’s hardly the first coach to have kids. And if they are a distraction, he shouldn’t have taken the job. Or maybe that’s a lesson for us. 

Yeah, some coaches actually factually can get married, and actually factually have kids.  It doesn't actually factually take a toll.  A distraction?  Maybe a little.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

At this point it seems like a seemingly impossible miracle would have to take place for Frost to finish 3-1  I think it is more likely he’ll be 1-3 or 0-4   Which tares me apart- keep him and we face potentially more losing seasons — fire him and we lose a part of who we are and enter the unknown of a search and a new staff.   Those are my emotions but my brain says we got to stop the bleeding immediately 

Seems to me we are playing pretty damn competitive football.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, TheSker said:

That optimism didn't last long lo.....lol.

Haha.  I'm hopeful, but am a realist. Based on past performance.  BUT, surely luck and skill have to meet.  Hoping it can be this next 4 game stretch.  Like you I am excited to see the next 4 games.  Win or lose, they are still my team and frustrating as they are, at the end of the day it is a brief respite from the noise of the world.

9 hours ago, TheSker said:

I couldn't be more excited to watch this team play the next four games.

Not so long ago, three of those teams handed our @$$e$ to us.  Badly 

I also couldn't be happier that the higher ups (who also fully know the pulse of the donors) support Frost.

Interesting. So you now have connections with the higher ups and know what the donors are telling them? 

Let us know when you meet with the donors or higher ups so we can send along some feedback.

8 hours ago, chamrocck said:

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/

He’s already on the seat. Check the link and the length of this thread. Brohm was in the top 5 but beating Iowa quiets the naysayers. Frost can do this too but he must beat teams he’s supposed to like Purdue. This is a big game, if we pull another Illinois Minny it’ll be ugly. Demolish Purdue and you shut people up. I want to see which team shows up.

All remaining games are important for Frost and this team.  If we beat Purdue it quiets the noise for a week, but if we then get blown out by OSU the noise returns.  We SHOULD be able to easily beat Purdue based upon talent alone, but I agree it depends which team shows up.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic