What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

4 minutes ago, admo said:

And, he had scholarship offers to Wyoming and Iowa.  But chose to walk-on at Nebraska.  To put in the work for 5 years.

Grew up on a farm.  Lives in the weight room.  Loves animals.  Wants to be a veterinarian. After he earns his masters in physics.

Has an NIL deal with Dorothy Lynch.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, knapplc said:

I just looked at the roster and realized we have 12 guys listed at Running Back. The most "senior" among them is Stepp - a Sophomore. 

Eight true Freshmen, three Redshirt Freshmen, and one Sophomore. 

Now do the same for the rest of the offense.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

He was on the trip but got 0 snaps (and was at least 4th on the depth chart for the game), so something is going on.

Damon Benning gave a cryptic answer when he was asked about Yant on the Big Red Overreaction post game show.  Something about Yant is doing things which are causing him not to play, and he doesn't deserve to be playing.  This is either off the field or in the runnin back room, but there are reasons why Yant isn't playing.  Benning can never go into too many details, because he has to walk the fine line of media member and former player with close relationships with coaches and "inside info".  

Expected but a big loss. I think a lot of draft eligible guys will do the same this year on the D. I think a 100% Vokolek (pending his return) would do a good job replacing him. Need Fidone to step up. Think they may try and snag a portal guy there too. Need another blocker badly. Carnie, Rollins, & Fidone don’t have the mass. Got a new guy coming in this class to be a blocker but he won’t be ready.

• Plus1 1

Pending a Martinez return I think we go after in the portal 

RB 

WR (1-2)

OL (especially OT but need a true C & OG depth)

K/P

CB/S

NT 

OLB (pass rusher) 

LS (offered one a walk-on spot)

lots of holes next year. New offensive staff gonna need to do a lot of work. Chinander gonna really earn his money too. Need Turner C. to get healthy and grow. And Teddy to come back in similar level he was playing at before he got hurt in the Michigan game. But a little bigger. This may be a huge portal year for us. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decked said:

RB 

WR (1-2)

K/P

CB/S

NT 

OLB (pass rusher) 

lots of holes next year. New offensive staff gonna need to do a lot of work. Chinander gonna really earn his money too. Need Turner C. to get healthy and grow. And Teddy to come back in similar level he was playing at before he got hurt in the Michigan game. But a little bigger. This may be a huge portal year for us. 

I'd rob it like my kids piggy bank....

1 hour ago, Decked said:

RB 

WR (1-2)

K/P

CB/S

NT 

OLB (pass rusher) 

If Martinez would return we still need to seek an experienced QB in the portal. We need more experienced guys for the 2022 season.