Betts

57 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’m down with that as long as talented.  Can Coleman break out?

Short side option @Herbies hangout had this to say about Coleman.  Will he put in the work to see the field? If he can he has all conference written all over him (paraphrased). If Rhule and Co can develop as they have in the past, I'm thinking he and the other young guys will be just fine.  Took a shot at some speedsters.  Will need to develop them into football players. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

So what’s the WR depth chart looking like right now? 

Maybe he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to start or other wide receivers had the upper hand so he was disappointed and that's why he stepped away.  Wish him the best.  I really hope that IGC comes back strong and the other wide receivers step up.  Next man up mentality.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Maybe he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to start or other wide receivers had the upper hand so he was disappointed and that's why he stepped away.  Wish him the best.  I really hope that IGC comes back strong and the other wide receivers step up.  Next man up mentality.

I don't think that is the situation at all.  Betts had been featured on a Huskers.com video catching a TD pass from Sims, so he was probably running with the top 1 or 2 units.  I just think that he may have gotten dinged up, got frustrated with that again, and decided that he just doesn't want to go through whatever it will take to get back on the field.  I don't really care what the reason is, because the decision was Betts' and Rhule seemed ok with that decision.  Rhule is trying to have a roster full of guys who have a passion for football, and are talented.  That's the rebuild that he has to take on.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

You have to give it a minute to resolve before you click submit.  You also may have to paste as plain text depending on how/where you copied the link.

The board software will probably need to be updated to support x.com links like the one BRB posted.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
11 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He only knows football. Good luck to him!  We will hear more in the future, but unfortunately I'm guessing it will be more bad then good!

Why?

My guess, if you are right that we hear more bad than good, is because the Husker media is going to write up stories about him every time he gets a speeding ticket or is seen working in a retail store.  He won't get credit for getting married and raising a family.  He won't get credit for getting to work everyday.  He won't get credit for helping his neighbor carry a couch.  We will never hear about the pick up basketball he plays with the kids at the park.  Or the times he drove safely and even wore his seat belt.  Forget about the salad he ate instead of McDonalds...

Odds overwhelmingly say, he will be just fine.  Especially if he's planning to stay and finish school.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
33 minutes ago, Toe said:

The board software will probably need to be updated to support x.com links like the one BRB posted.

10 minutes ago, runningblind said:

@Mavric I opened his link, copied the twitter.com link, and then let it sit as you suggested to get it to embed.  X.com wouldn't do it as @Toe noticed.

I literally posted the same link - from X - that BRB tried to post.