Northwestern: What did we learn?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree, pertaining to the run game.    We don't have a dominating offensive line.  Attack the edges more.  More misdirection....etc.  If that works, it helps the inside run too.

Solid points.  Plus, it's a new coach, a lot of depth (players) and it can take a few games together to get rolling like they want it to.  

No better time than an FCS team up next, and Georgia Southern to establish that.  

More reps, find the guys, and gel together.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

It's kind of odd that you took my response to that article so personally.  I never thought you wrote it.  Nor did I say anything about you.

And you didn't even attempt to refute the points I made.  You just starting bringing up other stuff.  If you'd like to have a different discussion, that's fine.  But you pointing out other things that I didn't talk about to try to prove I'm wrong about what I did talk about seems ... curious.

It's all good.  Didn't take it  personally at all.  When you used "you", I inferred that it was referring to me as the poster for referring to an article with wrong names.  

As to refuting your points, I mentioned no use of Rahmir, Allen going 3 for 7, Oliver having the first INT.  Referring to Frost's comments concerning the creativity of the play calling.  Leading me to believe perhaps he questioned the personnel. You picked Brody's stats as though he was the best on the field that day.  So I used Logans 7 yard one carry average....

And again I mentioned, when seeing those guys on the field did instill confidence that we were going to win that game?  If you had your pick of the roster would those guys have been on the field the last two series?  TBH, I'd have brought out Logan again. 

The bottom line is you and I usually disagree.  And that's perfectly fine.  It adds more conversation, dialogue and really opinions.  Because that's pretty much all this board is.  Opinions of Husker fans and some trolls who pop in to pop out.

• Fire 1

On 8/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, admo said:

Solid points.  Plus, it's a new coach, a lot of depth (players) and it can take a few games together to get rolling like they want it to.  

No better time than an FCS team up next, and Georgia Southern to establish that.  

More reps, find the guys, and gel together.

yes, we need more cup cakes to make us look good.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Is anyone else concerned about Thompson's conditioning?  His 2nd half passing was not accurate, especially after he had the scrambling play early in the 3rd quarter.  I wasn't expecting Thompson to be anywhere near the runner that Adrian was, but he's basically a short, statue back there.

There was definitely a significant drop off.  I wouldn't think it would be conditioning but I don't know what it would be attributed to.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Is anyone else concerned about Thompson's conditioning?  His 2nd half passing was not accurate, especially after he had the scrambling play early in the 3rd quarter.  I wasn't expecting Thompson to be anywhere near the runner that Adrian was, but he's basically a short, statue back there.

he was only sacked once but he took some shots throughout the game.  Could have made him a little gun shy and hurried him up a little.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

There was definitely a significant drop off.  I wouldn't think it would be conditioning but I don't know what it would be attributed to.

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

he was only sacked once but he took some shots throughout the game.  Could have made him a little gun shy and hurried him up a little.  

Nothing to back this up, but I wonder if he didn't hurt his thumb again like the rumors said.  That would easily get in his head and make him uncomfortable quickly.

The entire team appears to have conditioning issues though, so that could contribute also. Or maybe he saw live action behind this line and is now regretting his decision!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1