Who should our next HC be?

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.  Never let that defender, even if he's out of the play, take the play off.  Make him get back up off the ground.  That wears on a defender over the period of a game and pays dividends in the 4th quarter.  It's also demoralizing.

Physical ability is often mentioned as a characteristic of players that are raised on farms. It’s more than that. It’s as much about the mental aspect of it. Adversity and work and the accomplishment associated with it fashions one’s will. There’s an abundance of challenges presented over and over. When presented with it there’s essentially no choice but to overcome. There’s a deep understanding of process. This leads to that. There’s always consequences either favorable or unfavorable dependent on one’s choices. 

It causes one to think and concentrate and a whole lot of other lessons. Patience and resilience.Tenaciousness arises out of it. 

“Bringing the wood” is chopping a big pile of hardwood. Sure you’re sweaty and achy afterwards but it’s been defeated and the end result is warmth once it becomes winter.

Things like that. A person finds it enjoyable having a sense of gratification due to hard work and demonstrating diligence.

Bending the opponent’s will and breaking it requires unrelenting effort. Not linearly but infinite. There is no quit! 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

"Bringing the wood" is not about filling a fireplace. Trust me. I just researched the word "trim." 

Well and I was gonna say...he describes the process as getting you sweaty and achy afterwards.

I think we all know what's happening here.

• Haha 3

:backtotopic

An argument is being made that GT is a better job than Nebraska.   A few valid points -  -1. easier place to find recruits around GT - my counter is that NIL levels that some what and the right coach will draw in great players OR develop / coach up those he has    2.Expectations - Yes Nebraska's expectation have been unrealistic - but  right now we are at the bottom - so those expectations aren't so high as when we hired Frost to get us to the NCG by year 5.   - 3.  ACC - easier schedule - that will always be the case I think just by the make up of the conferences.  Depends if the coach wants a real challenge or not. They can possibly take the easier route to the playoffs and then flop once there or face tougher competition in conference and be prepared for the playoffs.   With the right coach, and with out financial resources and fan support, I think we can overcome these issues. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/football-world-is-debating-nebraska-vs-georgia-tech-job/ar-AA12jZBi?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=147cfe7a1efe49fee9f2ba98d1d11195

On Monday, 247Sports national analyst Brad Crawford sparked debate with a tweet comparing the two programs. 

"Georgia Tech is a better job than Nebraska," Crawford said. "1) More talent within 250 miles of ATL than 6 states for Huskers. 2) Expectations not insurmountable. 3) ACC > Big Ten in schedule favorability."

This might seem like a crazy take, considering Nebraska has a much richer program history than Georgia Tech. 

Some fans have found other reasons to knock Crawford for his opinion. 

However, there are more than a few people who think Crawford has a point, and long-term, there's a better chance of being successful at GT than Nebraska.

If we had to guess, Nebraska will be able to swing more for the fences with its hire because of its financial resources and the fact it is still a semi-name brand program. 

It will be interesting to compare the two programs over the next few years for sure though.

Will Crawford come out looking smart here?

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

An argument is being made that GT is a better job than Nebraska.   A few valid points -  -1. easier place to find recruits around GT - my counter is that NIL levels that some what and the right coach will draw in great players OR develop / coach up those he has    2.Expectations - Yes Nebraska's expectation have been unrealistic - but  right now we are at the bottom - so those expectations aren't so high as when we hired Frost to get us to the NCG by year 5.   - 3.  ACC - easier schedule - that will always be the case I think just by the make up of the conferences.  Depends if the coach wants a real challenge or not. They can possibly take the easier route to the playoffs and then flop once there or face tougher competition in conference and be prepared for the playoffs.   With the right coach, and with out financial resources and fan support, I think we can overcome these issues. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/football-world-is-debating-nebraska-vs-georgia-tech-job/ar-AA12jZBi?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=147cfe7a1efe49fee9f2ba98d1d11195

Meh...this guy is oversimplifying it. If being closer to recruits, having lower expectations, and having an easier schedule equates to a better job than Nebraska, you could say the same about every ACC school, every school in Texas, and every school in California. Our brand name and financial resources still mean a hell of a lot.

• Plus1 5
36 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Brad Crawford sounds like an idiot.  Who are these "people" that think otherwise?

44 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

An argument is being made that GT is a better job than Nebraska.

Nebraska (and Iowa and Purdue and Indiana and Maryland and...) is a better job than GT because we will be getting close to $100M/year in TV payouts while GT will be getting $40M/year in TV payouts.

• Plus1 2