Who should our next HC be?

30 minutes ago, husker009 said:

He got smacked around at home by the worst Oklahoma team in 24 years. He can rack up some wins, but that abomination of a game needs to be kept in mind. 

Are you being serious?  I need to ask because I don’t see the insert sarcasm thingy 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

Is there a possibility we are all glossing over that Mickey doesn't want or expect the main gig and has discussed such with Trev. Maybe he likes being a recruiter and developer and not someone who runs the whole show? 

I mean ... it's possible.  But everything he has said indicates otherwise.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Find a CEO and make Mickey a great offer as AHC/WRs coach/ace recruiter. He would get a nice pay raise and coach at his school.  Not sure that isn’t ideal for him as he could always move to head coach in the future. Unless he wants to be a head coach now than I am sure a team like Colorado State or a non P5 in the south would give him a shot. 

How about Suh for DLine coach?  I’m serious. If Suh and Mickey show up at your house, then you are a blackshirt defender!  Those guys are not taking no for an answer! We need to recruit some elite talent. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, husker009 said:

That might be the last win of Venables’ tenure at Oklahoma, so yes that game was an abomination. 

So a guy on day six of the gig hamstrung with a worthless, inept DC, with a game plan probably been worked on for months gets this loss hung on his head because??????

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, chamrocck said:

I think it is highly likely we are looking for a CEO type coach that will keep Mickey and Busch around. I am not sure if Rhule is that guy. I don’t know what staff he would bring. We may end up with someone like Mullen or Patterson as a program leader that have several years of P5 head coaching experience.  Would guys like that be able to bring strong coaches underneath them that are hungry and not afraid to hit the recruiting trail hard.

It's complicated. The "board of directors" likes to stick their noses into things too which on occasion has been known to create problems. (Ha)

Really all head coaches are a type of executive officer. Some better than others. MJ has a good start rooting out incompetence and bringing along a culture of accountability. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have one hell of a lot more respect for Saban than I do Meyer. Saban built something then stuck around to maintain a dynasty. Meyer win then ran. 

We need to find the next Saban. 

Matt Rhule or Bill O’Brien.  Both college guys who went to the nfl and now will likely become a college HC again. Same thing happened wt Saban. I prefer Rhule but am open to BOB because of him being in the Saban Coach School 

Just now, TGHusker said:

Matt Rhule or Bill O’Brien.  Both college guys who went to the nfl and now will likely become a college HC again. Same thing happened wt Saban. I prefer Rhule but am open to BOB because of him being in the Saban Coach School 

We just can't do O'Brien. It wouldn't be smart anyway. We need someone with energy that can relate well with players. I just can't imagine Billy being effective here. It would be and underwhelming, uninspiring hire. 

I've got a few reservations on Rhule although he's a much better culture fit that would bring, enthusiasm and energy and seems like he relates well with younger people. 

• Plus1 1