Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, I agree.  Tom would have changed wt the times.  I think Frost was merging Fast Oregon with Nebraska Power but he ended up with something not very fast and no power.   Grant, Allen and a good mobile QB plus a TE like Fidone (sp?)  and Trey Palmer on the outside to keep the D honest - a great combo. Imagine Frazier wt a receiver like Palmer  - that fake triple option pull back to pass would be deadly wt a good WR who wasn't a glorified blocker.  Of course, we'd want a passer better than Frazier but you get the idea. 

TF was like a magician on that play.  The best I have ever seen at that IMO.  And with our offense* (improved line play) that type of scheme would be very good. *Mobile QB

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Except his first 3 years coaching in TN, he’s coached in South Carolina his whole career.  He would be a complete fish out of water in the B1G.

GT would fit him perfectly.

He's a southern guy for sure.  No doubt about it.  But that's the rub.  No coach we name fits the total bill.  Aranda-hasn't beat a ranked team.  Liepold-Can't recruit and lost to OU.  Campbell-Best year was 2020.  Klieman-It's KU.  Coach X- Have it too good where they are ....The list goes on and on.  We won't find a coach that checks all the blocks.  Sadly, Frost was completely out of the water in the B1G.  And he was born and raised in Nebraska....

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

He's a southern guy for sure.  No doubt about it.  But that's the rub.  No coach we name fits the total bill.  Aranda-hasn't beat a ranked team.  Liepold-Can't recruit and lost to OU.  Campbell-Best year was 2020.  Klieman-It's KU.  Coach X- Have it too good where they are ....The list goes on and on.  We won't find a coach that checks all the blocks.  Sadly, Frost was completely out of the water in the B1G.  And he was born and raised in Nebraska....

But the Nebraska football Scott grew up watching and he played was Big 8/12 football, which wasn’t anything like Big Ten football. Even out of high school, Frost wanted to go play Pac10 football and throw it around under Bill Walsh. 

1 hour ago, admo said:

BREAKING NEWS

Just heard.... per local Dallas sport radio, former Cowboy Deion Sanders has accepted the Nebraska Head Coaching job.  Taking over end of season.

Don't hate the messenger.  News reported by insider.  No further details at the moment.

I am skeptical as everyone, but....  

Not saying there’s any legitimacy to this.. but did you actually hear this? 

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But the Nebraska football Scott grew up watching and he played was Big 8/12 football, which wasn’t anything like Big Ten football. Even out of high school, Frost wanted to go play Pac10 football and throw it around under Bill Walsh. 

Good point.  Dude developed a culture soft like a marshmallow.  Bottom line, without a coach who puts a premium on line play we are doomed.

2 hours ago, admo said:

BREAKING NEWS

Just heard.... per local Dallas sport radio, former Cowboy Deion Sanders has accepted the Nebraska Head Coaching job.  Taking over end of season.

Don't hate the messenger.  News reported by insider.  No further details at the moment.

I am skeptical as everyone, but....  

he called me this morning to let me know personally as the consultant to Trev during this coaching search that this was indeed true 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, lo country said:

Good point.  Dude developed a culture soft like a marshmallow.  Bottom line, without a coach who puts a premium on line play we are doomed.

I don’t disagree. I don’t know if Scott had an established plan or commitment to o-line play until it was too late. Supposedly he had disagreements with Austin in the first year at NU, but still kept Greg around for whatever reason. Frost thought his scheme would make up for any o-line deficiencies. 

• Plus1 1