Who should our next HC be?

20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Do you think it's fair to count the initial 1-2 years at a school in a rebuilding effort as years 3-4 after he's accomplished the turnaround?  I do think it would be better if he had the years 5-6 to see how long he keeps that program going, but that doesn't happen often.

Yeah it counts.  If you don't count Rhule's bad seasons, then you have to do that with every coach.

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

He could build up our lines. Who are you fascinated by?

If I remember right my top 5 were Calhoun, Sanders, Chadwell, Klieman, and Joseph.  That hasn't really changed but Joseph needed to get to a bowl to be a convincing enough candidate for the masses.

If I'm being honest the very best case scenario is Meyer with Joseph as the HC in training.  I just think a guy like that has options so I don't view it as likely.   Sanders is probably in that category at this point as well.

I also understand bringing back an option offense isn't very popular despite the state of the program since Callahan forced us to abandon it.  So maybe wishful thinking on my part.

• Plus1 1

In looking at flight tracker, the only unusual flight arriving to LIncoln in the next 24 hours is coming from Boise.  I am not sure where Petersen is living now, and he does not seem to want to get back into coaching, but I would be stoked to land him. He was the guy I wanted when Pelini was fired.  

There is also a private flight that landed from Hickory, NC a couple hours ago which is less than an hour from the Panthers stadium.

https://www.radarbox.com/data/airports/KLNK?tab=arrivals

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

In looking at flight tracker, the only unusual flight arriving to LIncoln in the next 24 hours is coming from Boise.  I am not sure where Petersen is living now, and he does not seem to want to get back into coaching, but I would be stoked to land him. He was the guy I wanted when Pelini was fired.  

There is also a private flight that landed from Hickory, NC a couple hours ago which is less than an hour from the Panthers stadium.

Petersen HC, Rhule OC!