Who should our next HC be?

Urban is actually probably onto something with the recruiting aspect of his comments, but I think it has more to do with correctly identifying players who will be able to fit your developmental needs.

It's pretty clear right now that Nebraska doesn't have a lot of dudes they've been able to effectively develop over the last 3-4 years. Some of it is certainly due to transferring. And yeah, you're not gonna 'hit' on all your recruits, but if you look at a lot of the guys they brought in 3-4 years ago that were supposed to anchor Nebraska's resurgence... they're not playing at a level you would expect or hope. If you're not bringing in elite level talent every off season (which Nebraska does not) then you HAVE to own the development side of the business.

That's a song we've been singing around here for two decades now, though.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Urban is actually probably onto something with the recruiting aspect of his comments, but I think it has more to do with correctly identifying players who will be able to fit your developmental needs.

It's pretty clear right now that Nebraska doesn't have a lot of dudes they've been able to effectively develop over the last 3-4 years. Some of it is certainly due to transferring. And yeah, you're not gonna 'hit' on all your recruits, but if you look at a lot of the guys they brought in 3-4 years ago that were supposed to anchor Nebraska's resurgence... they're not playing at a level you would expect or hope. If you're not bringing in elite level talent every off season (which Nebraska does not) then you HAVE to own the development side of the business.

That's a song we've been singing around here for two decades now, though.

True and I feel its bc the coaches that Nebraska has had are not top tier coaches. Not great recruiters and not good developers. Nebraska has been cheap so they get crappy results bc of that.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I will just leave this here:

“I think college has changed quite a bit, too,” Meyer said. “Just society has changed. You think how hard you pushed. . . . I believe there is greatness in everybody and it’s the coach’s job to find that greatness however you do that. Positive encouragement. Pushing them to be greater, making them work harder, identifying flaws and trying to fix [them].

“I think everything is so fragile right now. And that includes coaching staffs. When I got into coaching, coaches weren’t making this kind of money and they didn’t have agents. Everything is so fragile where it used to be team, team, team. I remember talking about it in a staff meeting three days ago. I got into this profession because I had the greatest high school coach and it was all about team. All about the huddle.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/19/in-discussing-his-firing-urban-meyer-points-to-fragile-players-coaching-staffs/

Does this sound like someone who has changed with the times to be the best or who has had their pinnacle pass them by? Dude doesn't understand people in a way to properly run a high functioning organization. 

10 minutes ago, deedsker said:

I will just leave this here:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/19/in-discussing-his-firing-urban-meyer-points-to-fragile-players-coaching-staffs/

Does this sound like someone who has changed with the times to be the best or who has had their pinnacle pass them by? Dude doesn't understand people in a way to properly run a high functioning organization. 

I don't read that and take it the way you do. He is just stating the obvious. Everyone is all about feelings and crap.  Coaches say your not good enough to start your not good enough to start work harder. Most kids don't stay and try to work harder. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It sure didn’t stop us from hiring Riley.

So yeah, their record should factor in heavily.

A 12-0 Frost to a 3-9 Frost says “hello.”  And TO wrote More Then Winning

I’m being sarcastic. How else do you evaluate a coach- by height? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't read that and take it the way you do. He is just stating the obvious. Everyone is all about feelings and crap.  Coaches say your not good enough to start your not good enough to start work harder. Most kids don't stay and try to work harder. 

That’s the way I was looking at it too.  It’s prob why has three natty’s under his belt also. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1