Who should our next HC be?

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And he did that when Baylor was in the crapper too.  By some of the remarks on here, you'd think Nebraska had fired Vince Lombardi in Sept and not SF.   Every coach is a risk in some way.   We can find something negative about everyone.  Rhule has more upside than downside in my opinion.  He coached the OL, he rebuilt two totally different programs at two different levels.  If he had not had his Carolina experience, I think there would be less negativity.  If we were about to hire him after his 3rd year at Baylor, he would be the hot coach hire of the year and I think most would be excited to getting him after 3 bad years of SF.  

How does this aimless rant relate to attracting Texas recruits to Nebraska over the numerous Texas programs?

2 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I concede he had one good year at a P5 destination. He has never stayed anywhere long enough to demonstrate consistency. 

Consider what Aranda is doing at Baylor a continuation as Aranda won the conference last year primarily with Rhule's players.  I'm not taking anything from Aranda - he'd be a good hire also.  But Rhule still has 7 years of HC experience.

Now I may prefer Fickell if he was/is available.  Fickell has 1 year at a P5 school and the rest is at G5 Cinci.  But he has had sufficient HC experience to be a good hire. 

2 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I concede he had one good year at a P5 destination. He has never stayed anywhere long enough to demonstrate consistency. 

He has consistently shown he makes teams better every year he’s been somewhere after year 1 in CFB. Outside of cognitive dissonance m, I don’t know how you can view where he started and how he finished at Baylor as anything but evidence of building a team. 

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

My question to those who continually bring up that very lame stat…bc it is a lazy argument… how many times was he favored to win those games??? I am sure while at Temple he was the favorite, not playing well above their head. At Baylor he took too 5 teams to the brink. How many times did his teams lose the ones they were supposed to win???

Vegas picked them to win 7.5 games in 2019.  They won 11.  As best I can tell they were favored in 6 and dogs in 6 to start the season.  2018 they were picked to win 5.5 and ended up with 7.  I'd say he punched above his weight there.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

Ill ask this for some of you who were paying a highter amount of attention years ago.  Im asking you to compare the Callahan hire to a potential Rhule hire

BC wasn’t a bad coach and he recruited well. BC didn’t have the college experience that Rhule has and being the face of a University is much different than an NFL team.

Just now, lo country said:

Vegas picked them to win 7.5 games in 2019.  They won 11.  As best I can tell they were favored in 6 and dogs in 6 to start the season.  2018 they were picked to win 5.5 and ended up with 7.  I'd say he punched above his weight there.  

Correct!!! But that is overlooked by the lazy complaining about ranked teams

Just now, Caveman said:

How does this aimless rant relate to attracting Texas recruits to Nebraska over the numerous Texas programs?

Aimless only if you have a closed mind.  There were previous posts & quotes on this thread showing how Rhule had built great relationships with many top Texas HS coaches.  I have no doubt that he'll be able to take advantage of those past relationships. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, HANC said:

My question to those who continually bring up that very lame stat…bc it is a lazy argument… how many times was he favored to win those games??? I am sure while at Temple he was the favorite, not playing well above their head. At Baylor he took top 5 teams to the brink. How many times did his teams lose the ones they were supposed to win???

Yeah that 11 win season he beat 3 teams with 8 wins and one team with 7 and its not like he had a good roster. That team would have dominated the B1G west this year and seeing how well they played vs a playoff team twice that year i think they could have made the B1G championship a good game. 

• Fire 2