POLL: Scott Frost's remaining Time at NU

How much Time Does Frost Have Left?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The benefit to firing him earlier imo (if we assume he will get fired) would be in recruiting. Not saying it’s the definitive right choice or anything like that, but the remaining staff could hype up the interim coach, or who they’re hearing will be the new coach while salvaging the class. If Frost is a goner, it’s going to make October and November recruiting hard.

But ultimately, getting the hire right is what matters first and foremost. Willing to trust Trev.

• Plus1 3

We gain an opportunity to have the next coach jump in and pick up recruiting.

I think we don't lose anything unless Trev is caught with his d!(k in his hands. But Trev has reeled in a giant fish from retirement with UNO hockey out of nowhere. I believe he can do it again. Not necessarily a retired one but he can reel in a thoroughbred.

We just need a coach that can give us at least 5 years to rebuild the foundation and restock the cupboard.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Kentmick said:

We gain an opportunity to have the next coach jump in and pick up recruiting.

I think we don't lose anything unless Trev is caught with his d!(k in his hands. But Trev has reeled in a giant fish from retirement with UNO hockey out of nowhere. I believe he can do it again. Not necessarily a retired one but he can reel in a thoroughbred.

We just need a coach that can give us at least 5 years to rebuild the foundation and restock the cupboard.

He has has he

Jim Tressel, coaching legend at Ohio State and Youngstown State, to step  down as president of YSU - CBSSports.com

• Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, VedderHusker said:

That’s not how I read it. Following is what was said back in November. If still accurate the buyout doesn’t go back up until renegotiation or extension. 

Nebraska coach Scott Frost’s new contract buyout goes into effect Oct. 1, 2022. If fired next year, he’s owed $7.5M (down from $15M) on a prorated basis, $5M in 2023, $2.5M in 2024 and $1.25M in 2025. If fired without cause before Oct. 1, 2022, the old buyout remains effective.

Yes, I believe you are correct there.  

The difference in view is what happens if he meets his metrics.  From the article I read on Hail Varsity:

If Frost and the football team achieve “metrics mutually agreed to by the parties (next year),” his salary will return to $5 million for 2023 and he will receive a one-year contract extension through Dec. 31, 2027.

7 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Yes, I believe you are correct there.  

The difference in view is what happens if he meets his metrics.  From the article I read on Hail Varsity:

If Frost and the football team achieve “metrics mutually agreed to by the parties (next year),” his salary will return to $5 million for 2023 and he will receive a one-year contract extension through Dec. 31, 2027.

Makes sense. And I must admit, I’ve given up hope of him meeting any metrics. But I would love to see those metrics leaked in a year or more just for a peak behind the curtain. 

With all the presumptive talk nationally, recruiting has already been made very difficult. The losing combined with a lame duck HC and probable loss of most or all the staff. What recruit would not be rethinking a commitment or hold off or just take another offer.  

The sooner Frost and the staff’s fates are known the better.  Of course, winning is also critical cause another year of limbo is not much better.  Winning fb is really a must.  No ifs and or buts about it.  

• Plus1 1

Trev also must consider that this year’s schedule was a set up for real success. The easiest schedule for sometime. Can Trev really use the win/loss record this year as a prediction of what may happen in future years wt a potential 12 game conference only schedule once the Big 10 expands??  I’m frankly really concerned if Frost wins the bare minimum and keeps his job. I see nothing but mediocrity for the future then—kiss the sellout streak goodbye and watch apathy set in. 

So unless there is a huge immediate turnaround and we are able to return to our kool-aide preseason win predictions, I will be ready to move on from Frost. We all cheered him on but the experiment hasn’t worked 

• Plus1 1

I feel very comfortable stating that Trev is completely dialed in on all things NU football, from schedule difficulty to needing wins soon.  More of the same isn’t going to cut it.  If what happened Saturday continues to repeat with B1G opponents, there will be a change.  

After the Purdue game is the most likely scenario. If it's ugly. There's not much indication at present that it won't be particularly if having taken a beating against OU. The defensive issues and the inability so far to reliably run the ball concern me a lot. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong. 

Either Joseph or Whipple as interim. Most likely Joseph. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Trev also must consider that this year’s schedule was a set up for real success. The easiest schedule for sometime. Can Trev really use the win/loss record this year as a prediction of what may happen in future years wt a potential 12 game conference only schedule once the Big 10 expands??  I’m frankly really concerned if Frost wins the bare minimum and keeps his job. I see nothing but mediocrity for the future then—kiss the sellout streak goodbye and watch apathy set in. 

So unless there is a huge immediate turnaround and we are able to return to our kool-aide preseason win predictions, I will be ready to move on from Frost. We all cheered him on but the experiment hasn’t worked 

The easier schedule this year was one of the main reasons I wanted a Frost gone last year. Would have been a good opportunity for a new coach to reach a bowl game and start building success. Too bad we wasted it and another year of our lives.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

You haven't cheered him on in over a year.  You claimed last season if he was retained you'd do something else on Saturdays.

Just stop.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, TheSker said:

You haven't cheered him on in over a year.  You claimed last season if he was retained you'd do something else on Saturdays.

Just stop.

Frost hasn't performed in over 4 years.   No reason to stop wanting something better.   I've been a LOYAL Husker Fan since 1970.  I think I've earned to right to be discussed with his performance. 

• Plus1 1