POLL: Scott Frost's remaining Time at NU

How much Time Does Frost Have Left?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Nebraska was roughly as successful its first three seasons in the Big 10 as it was the previous three seasons in the Big 12.  Which is to say pretty successful, but not quite up to the big dogs.

That second Big 10 season in 2012, all Nebraska had to do was defeat a 7-5 Wisconsin team they had already beaten once to go to the Rose Bowl and stake a strong Top 10 claim. We all know what happened there. 

When the Big10 concocted the Legends and Leaders divisions, everyone (including Nebraska fans) thought we'd landed in the easier division.

As we continued to play worse, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue and even Illinois became threats. You could not assemble a Big 10 schedule without teams Nebraska might struggle to beat. This season might be as good as it gets. Put together an 8 game schedule of Big 12 teams and you won't be pencilling in many wins, either.

You know what actually DOES make outsiders dislike Nebraska football? Whiny fans blaming their poor performance on cherry-picked conspiracy theories. 

This team has gone out and earned its reputation. 

Very true but in the first game this season Nebraska certainly didn't get the right calls made against them. Fumble, 2 targeting calls that can determine if you win or lose. I know the team shouldn't rely on those things to win but those calls do affect the outcome. All it took was Casey Thompson to have a concussion or Brewington to have one as well and bam next guy up mentality. But next guy up mentality doesn't work if the person isn't as talented as the first person. Im no conspirator but there have been many calls that have affected the outcome if Nebraska wins or not. 

12 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Everyone knows the conference is catered to UM and OSU and anyone else that steps out of line gets put back in their place. Frost and NU challenged the status quo and made Warren and the suits look incompetent - also challenging their political beliefs. 

From the beginning, they stacked the schedule so the new kid couldn’t come in and win the conference a la PSU. 

Is the ego of this conference not well known? It’s built on pretentiousness. Reread my post for your required summary on that one. 

I believe you’re misjudging whatever weight of “the conference wants us to lose” to why we actually suck. And those are your words and assumptions. These are things that can and are mutually exclusive. 

So, why would a conference kick a member out for playing a single football game in the fall of 2020? To add: why wouldn’t they allow them to go through with replacing wisconsin? 

Umm.. next time do a copy-paste thingy from one of those lorem ipsum generator sites;  it'll save you some time and make just as much sense. 

Follow me for more forum posting life hacks.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

You know what disgusts real fans.. Posters on public boards that look for reasons to fire coaches and slander the program. As for conspiracy theories, the proof is in the pudding time and time and time again. The list continues grow with each game of "w"horrendous officiating bias. If you Mr. Chamberlin are too much of a coward to admit to it while spotting your hatred for a staff and program you dislike, so be it. Keep your eyes shut and repeat "hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil"... 

I was thinking your bizarre and frothy post sounded familiar, then I remembered your name from a totally unhinged private message you sent me. 

I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm also sorry you vote. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
18 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Someone who is organized, professional, and proven. Trev wants innovative thinkers with a mindfulness on how to conduct themselves and each phase of their football team. He wants a set structure where things can be clearly addressed if it goes wrong before it gets to game one. Essentially a proven road map that Trev can follow along with.

I think he will prioritize great teaching over great recruiting. I think he understands that Nebraska will be fine talent wise no matter who the coach is. Fine in terms of being competitive. 

Trev is a very passionate guy, and I think over the years he figured out that there is nothing wrong with passion, so long as you don't let it bite you at inopportune times. He seems to have channeled it into his work, and he has had to make tough decisions before. I think that's the kind of profile of person he will go for. 

Yeah I like the sound of all that. Idk if he would leave Utah but I feel like Whittingham fits that mold. I def agree that recruiting is not easy here but not as hard as some people act like. Frost has been getting decent enough classes with no results at all. As long as a coach is willing to put in effort and the Admin isn't handcuffing them in that regard we should be pulling in the top classes in the west at least. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah I like the sound of all that. Idk if he would leave Utah but I feel like Whittingham fits that mold. I def agree that recruiting is not easy here but not as hard as some people act like. Frost has been getting decent enough classes with no results at all. As long as a coach is willing to put in effort and the Admin isn't handcuffing them in that regard we should be pulling in the top classes in the west at least. 

We're easily the most talented roster in the West per 247, but the big ten is going to pod scheduling once USC/UCLA/Etc join so we need to really commit to locking down the area and developing if we want a shot to compete when that happens.

I love Whit and wish we'd hired him when he wanted the job in 2013, but a couple guys that would fit his mold are Jim Leonhard, Levar Woods, Matt Campbell, and Jeff Monken. Whit and these five guys fit my criteria and Trevs (per his comments in the last year)

- Power, Complementary football that plays well in the big ten.

- Emphasis on teaching and capitalizing on mistakes, not making them.

- Recruit to develop and develop well.

- Pro-Style offense that attracts NFL talent.

- Experience running a professional organization (or unit) and executes objectives. Consistency

Yes, Monken runs the triple but it's pretty well understood in coaching circles that he wouldn't do it at another job. It's just the optimal system at an academy where he's hamstrung by practice and academic rules. His brother cousin Todd doesn't run the triple at Georgia as OC. The job he's done in all other phases (D, ST, recruiting to ARMY, program-building) is really solid. He'd be too hard a sell so he'd never get hired here but I still think he'd do well anywhere in the big ten.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Nebraska was roughly as successful its first three seasons in the Big 10 as it was the previous three seasons in the Big 12.  Which is to say pretty successful, but not quite up to the big dogs.

That second Big 10 season in 2012, all Nebraska had to do was defeat a 7-5 Wisconsin team they had already beaten once to go to the Rose Bowl and stake a strong Top 10 claim. We all know what happened there. 

When the Big10 concocted the Legends and Leaders divisions, everyone (including Nebraska fans) thought we'd landed in the easier division.

As we continued to play worse, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue and even Illinois became threats. You could not assemble a Big 10 schedule without teams Nebraska might struggle to beat. This season might be as good as it gets. Put together an 8 game schedule of Big 12 teams and you won't be pencilling in many wins, either.

You know what actually DOES make outsiders dislike Nebraska football? Whiny fans blaming their poor performance on cherry-picked conspiracy theories. 

cool story, Hansel. So everyone knows they landed in the easy division, but you can omit how they stacked them with OSU, Wisconsin, and PSU - in addition to MSU and UM. Again, it’s not some secret that the B1G was upset over PSU running the table when they joined and made sure that the new kid had a harder time doing that again. It’s historically known and was a dialogue amongst B1G writers when they brought Nebraska in. 

Asking for consistency is considering whining, how big brained of you. You probably rooted for the refs during Remember the Titans. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yup. We lost our stud on the right side of the dline and Wisconsin exploited the undersized dude we replaced him with all game. We didn't have a better replacement and got caught. 

2 hours ago, TonkaSker said:

I love Whit and wish we'd hired him when he wanted the job in 2013, but a couple guys that would fit his mold are Jim Leonhard, Levar Woods, Matt Campbell, and Jeff Monken. Whit and these five guys fit my criteria and Trevs (per his comments in the last year)

- Power, Complementary football that plays well in the big ten.

- Emphasis on teaching and capitalizing on mistakes, not making them.

- Recruit to develop and develop well.

- Pro-Style offense that attracts NFL talent.

- Experience running a professional organization (or unit) and executes objectives. Consistency

When did Alberts say he wanted us to have a pro style offense?  Regarding the other things listed, what was the context he said any of the above?    

2 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

cool story, Hansel. So everyone knows they landed in the easy division, but you can omit how they stacked them with OSU, Wisconsin, and PSU - in addition to MSU and UM. Again, it’s not some secret that the B1G was upset over PSU running the table when they joined and made sure that the new kid had a harder time doing that again. It’s historically known and was a dialogue amongst B1G writers when they brought Nebraska in. 

Asking for consistency is considering whining, how big brained of you. You probably rooted for the refs during Remember the Titans. 

I'm gonna stick with the actual content of my posts, which is pretty awesome. 

• Haha 1

I listed something on another thread that I think needs some more traction.  Did, in your peoples opinion, Frost hire Raiola just to get his QB nephew?  Does our O-line look any better this year than last?  My answer to those is : our line looks worse and I think it was a lazy tactic to get ONE football recruit on campus

Thoughts

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1