North Dakota - What did we learn?

admo

4 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I learned that this team isn’t fired up!   I remember going to games and watching warm ups, we had kids bouncing around like crazy.   We watched mosh pits in the end zone and kids jumping up and over teammates. 

Very stringent drug testing these days.

8 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

I learned this may be our only win of the year, Georgia southern may beat the hell out of us. The o-line is horrible. Grant may be the best back we’ve had since the 90s. The defense is terrible. Going to be a rough year….

Ameer and Grant are similiar style of runners.  Without Grant yesterday would have been mind numbing loss.  That guy produced a win by running away from our terrible O-line.

We lack fire because we have a lame duck coach who can't get out of the way and let his assistants do their job.  Big 10 West is terrible, but Wsky did win, Iowa did win, and Minnesota looks like the team to beat in this wreck of a division thus far. 

8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I learned that they apparently changed the targeting rule in the offseason because we had two times that a player got targeted by the definition of the rule we've known for the last 9 years and neither was determined to be targeting.

I think the problem is that Targeting can be called in addition to PF: Defenseless player and Roughing the Passer penalties. So the refs reviewed the targeting penalties (both of which were borderline, but have definitely been called as such in the past) and found that they didn't meet each indicator for targeting. The problem was, they didn't call each foul as including defenseless player or roughing the passer penalties, so the team got screwed out of penalties that should have been called in both instances.

24 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

I learned this may be our only win of the year, Georgia southern may beat the hell out of us. The o-line is horrible. Grant may be the best back we’ve had since the 90s. The defense is terrible. Going to be a rough year….

Grant is good but let’s not dub him best back since the 90s when we had Roy Helu, Burkhead, & Abdullah back to back to back 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. Wynn/Drew > Robinson/Feist. Nash has played alright and gets a few pushes forward. Feist aint it. T Rob average 
  2. Grant is our best RB since Ameer Abdullah 
  3. Chinander doesn't adjust and has our safeties 15-20 yards off the ball. 
  4. Sanford needs to play more. Farmer/Buford look lost half the plays. 
  5. Our tackling was still abysmal  

Chins also sits in base on obvious running plays. We only have 2 true DL and 2 ILBs. It's a hat on hat and makes it tougher than it needs to be. 

Feist is a tweener that doesn’t really fit well in a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. Definitely a FCS DT or non-power five guy 

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

North Dakota has darn good fb coach and scrappy team.  Probably fun team to watch.  
i think we could have chance in the MO Valley league to compete but we could not run the table.  Ugh.  

This team won today.  But ND fans I bet had a whole lotta fun.  Probably their disappointed because woulda, coulda, shoulda.  This was like a heavy weight fight (without any contenders) that ended with both guys beaten and bloodied, and by a unanimous decision, the favorite got the decision.  Took 15 rounds. Both fighters got multiple knock downs.  It was unorthodox.  Neb had some flurries that scored but got stuck on the ropes while ND did bag work on us.  Kind of interesting fight.  Glad we got ducuib

They were 5-6 last year. They are not good. We are just that bad. 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I think the problem is that Targeting can be called in addition to PF: Defenseless player and Roughing the Passer penalties. So the refs reviewed the targeting penalties (both of which were borderline, but have definitely been called as such in the past) and found that they didn't meet each indicator for targeting. The problem was, they didn't call each foul as including defenseless player or roughing the passer penalties, so the team got screwed out of penalties that should have been called in both instances.

The problem is that as soon as anything goes to review then the refs on the field have zero input and a man/woman behind a curtain makes a determination. It’s borderline corrupt. 

4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. Grant is our best RB since Ameer Abdullah 
  2. Chinander doesn't adjust and has our safeties 15-20 yards off the ball
  3. Our tackling was still abysmal  

Chins also sits in base on obvious running plays. We only have 2 true DL and 2 ILBs. It's a hat on hat and makes it tougher than it needs to be. 

standing-ovation-applause.gif

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I expect us to lose to OU, and then when we lose to Indiana or Rutgers it'll be over.

I'm not convinced that the Sooners will beat us.  No matter the outcomes of any other games.  NU/OU is a different deal no matter where it's played or at what point in the season and no matter how the rest of the season went. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1