Frost Fired!

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I find that extremely unlikely, but I'll eat my words if Trev has a new HC hired in the next 3 weeks. But I think we're going to end up waiting until the end of the season just like every other team that fires a coach this season.

None of that is a good reason not to wait 3 weeks. The same booster paying the same amount gives Trev an additional $7.5 million for hiring new coaches. We'll find out over the next few weeks and months but this just seems like a rash decision.

No. At that level, with everything at stake, $7.5m is just not what you think it is.

at the very least, when a yearly revenue of over 150mil, 7.5 mil would not be a reason to delay doing the right thing the moment you know it is the right thing to do. 

trevs decision says it’s not about the money. As it shouldn’t. 

2 hours ago, lo country said:

You and me both.  Figure save the 7.5 million.  I guess they felt damage was bad, but would get worse...

That is exactly what I figured would happen. Trev is smart. He saw that he is losing the fans. Anyone looking at the fans faces can see that frost lost them. 7.5 million is not worth losing the sellout record and the fans support. I guess everyone got what they wanted including Frost. I am sure Frost wanted this more than anyone. He is $7.5 million richer with the same outcome of him leaving. After the northwestern game and the North Dakota game, I am sure frost knew he sealed his fate. Getting $7.5 million more is icing on the cake. His body language on the sideline of yesterday’s game said it all. He was way over his head and had no idea how to lead or coach this team. This was for the best. The damage done by Frost needed to be limited. Coach Joseph cannot do any worse. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You did admit context.  I'm not speculating on anything.  The post you just quoted was in direct response to a specific hypothetical that laid out a situation where exactly that happened.

You asked me, who was blaming Trev. And I answered by providing this post. I’ve bolded the applicable direct quotes.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

And that would be a bad decision by Trev. Instead Trev says, "Done. In 3 weeks we'll announce it and get make that money you're giving go even farther than if I did it today."

The additional $7.5 million is still money we could have had going forward instead of paying it to the fired coach. For the next set of assistant coaches, NIL money, etc.

Firing Frost now instead of in 3 weeks is just frustration and knee-jerk reaction instead of careful planning. Handicapping the next coach/NIL deals is not a good way to move forward.

It’s fully in context and self explanatory and a direct answer to your question. The fact is neither one of us know what actually occurred or if any of the hypotheticals played out. 

And I’m done with this tangent. Mic drop.

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, thatguy said:

No. At that level, with everything at stake, $7.5m is just not what you think it is.

at the very least, when a yearly revenue of over 150mil, 7.5 mil would not be a reason to delay doing the right thing the moment you know it is the right thing to do. 

trevs decision says it’s not about the money. As it shouldn’t. 

No matter how you slice it, that's $7.5 million to fire Frost 3 weeks earlier than otherwise. That's it, just 3 weeks. $7.5 million that is now unavailable to the program going forward.

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

That is exactly what I figured would happen. Trev is smart. He saw that he is losing the fans. Anyone looking at the fans faces can see that frost lost them. 7.5 million is not worth losing the sellout record and the fans support. I guess everyone got what they wanted including Frost. I am sure Frost wanted this more than anyone. He is $7.5 million richer with the same outcome of him leaving. After the northwestern game and the North Dakota game, I am sure frost knew he sealed his fate. Getting $7.5 million more is icing on the cake. His body language on the sideline of yesterday’s game said it all. He was way over his head and had no idea how to lead or coach this team. This was for the best. The damage done by Frost needed to be limited. Coach Joseph cannot do any worse. 

Again, it's not $7.5 million to fire Frost, it's $7.5 million to fire him 3 weeks earlier. 3 weeks wasn't going to cost any more fans.

• Plus1 3

Fan support and Nebraska legacy is way more important than the buyout money. After all, the money is at least going to a Husker Alum. Frost tried but failed. He was way over his head and his loyalty to his coaches did not help. Nevertheless he tried his best. We paid Bo, Callahan, and Riley, why not Frost. My only criticism is:

(1) this should have been done last year since the writing was all over the wall. That would have given the new coach a reasonable first year schedule.

(2) the announcement should have also included chin since his incompetence is the reason for our losses so far. What is the point of removing one problem while leaving a bigger one behind.

• Oh Yeah! 2