What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Pretty negative....not all wrong, but a long way from being right.  Iowa landed a back up QB and a back up TE.  They have also lost arguably their best WR coming into the season... a key CB and key LB.  Not sure they are in a tremendously better place overall than they were when the season ended.  We knew it would be rough here after the change, but this staff is recruiting it's tail off and we are not stuck in the mud by any stretch.  Things will shake out as they may....but we wont be in a horrible spot..... maybe not great, but probably as well as expected after a change.

Both Michigan players start at Iowa next year lol. Mark it.  I guess i was just hoping to see a little more incoming movement for us they we have so far. 

I know we will be better off next year solely due to the fact Rhule will have the guys we have left better then Frost ever did. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HANC said:

Pretty negative....not all wrong, but a long way from being right.  Iowa landed a back up QB and a back up TE.  They have also lost arguably their best WR coming into the season... a key CB and key LB.  Not sure they are in a tremendously better place overall than they were when the season ended.  We knew it would be rough here after the change, but this staff is recruiting it's tail off and we are not stuck in the mud by any stretch.  Things will shake out as they may....but we wont be in a horrible spot..... maybe not great, but probably as well as expected after a change.

I’ll add this to what you said. Two years down the road may be a different story and Hausmann could end up being an All-American for all we know. But as of today he was likely a second string linebacker for us. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Both Michigan players start at Iowa next year lol. Mark it.  I guess i was just hoping to see a little more incoming movement for us they we have so far. 

I know we will be better off next year solely due to the fact Rhule will have the guys we have left better then Frost ever did. 

Looking at a lot of the transfer predictions out there, especially those on On3, it seems like we’re going to have a flood of transfers finalized one of these days. Some pretty good athletes in there. Our recruiting class is also shaping up seemingly. It doesn’t have some of the stars I’m sure some folks would like to see, but a very athletic class as well. When it’s all said and done, I think we’ll have quite a bit of new energy and talent coming in this year. 

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Relationships take time.  Reviewing current players & team need takes time.  What fantasy land due you come from, as it's only been 2.5 weeks? 

• Plus1 3
32 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Everyone mad at Haussmann for going to iowa.  But right now as I see it Iowa is getting better while we are stuck in the mud.

18 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Seems awfully early in the day to be this drunk...

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

Iowa also lost a zillion WRs. And they still have Brian Turd Ferentz lmao. Guess people forgot that a certain Michigan transfer couldn’t throw the ball more than 10 yards. Give me a break. Iowa has been falling behind. They are gonna have to modernize soon or they will be toast. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
36 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Everyone mad at Haussmann for going to iowa.  But right now as I see it Iowa is getting better while we are stuck in the mud.

Speaking of defeatist whiners... 

Didn't an awful nebraska team just beat iowa? lolz. Go back to bed dude. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
24 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

I agree that both will start at Iowa......maybe the TE, that room at Iowa is decent, so he will have to battle.  I personally think you will see more movement in the upcoming weeks.  As of now, I think the staff is just positioning themselves with guys, feeling out who is staying and who is leaving.  We can't take more guys than scholly's available.  Yes, other schools are making moves, but they are in a situation where the staff is stable and not going through the transition.  Heck, even Prime had a guy commit and leave already. Rumor is that Rhule may have stolen a TE.... QB's may be hesitant to come here if CT stays..... other questions like that will shake out, but it will take a little more time.  I get your thinking though....just thought I would throw out my opinion.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Speaking of defeatist whiners... 

Didn't an awful nebraska team just beat iowa? lolz. Go back to bed dude. 

Wasn't Hausemann a key, if not the key defensive player in earning that win? Houseman was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal season and looked to be someone you could build a rock solid linebacker corps. around. That he is going to Iowa is an extra punch to the gut. Him moving on is a loss no matter how you shake it. Doesn't do anyone any good to pretend it's not.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Wasn't Hausemann a key, if not the key defensive player in earning that win? Houseman was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal season and looked to be someone you could build a rock solid linebacker corps. around. That he is going to Iowa is an extra punch to the gut. Him moving on is a loss no matter how you shake it. Doesn't do anyone any good to pretend it's not.

I think he’s a pretty big loss. Really enjoyed watching him come along as the year went on. He was playing really, really well at the end of the season. That said, if he’s the only painful transfer out that we have this year, I think we made out pretty good with the level of change in the program right now. We are going to be getting some pretty great athletes transferring in here. And a lot of our players are starting to withdraw their names from the portal. Color me an optimist, but things are looking up. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

10 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

It's only a gut punch because he is a Nebraska kid.   He has not committed, so he maybe testing NIL.