Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

3 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

Deion Sanders is such a tool. Imagine, asking the NCAA to reimburse the players because they were too stupid to properly lock up their valuables.

Assuming they had valuables in there, and then getting a true actual value of the pieces that may have been stolen. Good luck getting anyone to reimburse. If they find that sucker, let me know who, as I got some stuff stolen too.

• Plus1 1

If only there was some kind of system in place to help cover the cost of lost, damaged, or stolen goods... specifically those that are privately owned that people choose to take with them places.

The word escapes me... perhaps it rhymes with... assurance?

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I think expecting that your belongings won't be stolen from the locker room while you play a game is reasonable. Whether or not it would be wise, I don't think college students should need to insure their belongings to protect them while they participate in an event that makes the schools involved a ton of money.

It's also not an NCAA problem, but I would think UCLA should bear some responsibility. I also wouldn't just take opposing athletes at their word though, so I doubt it goes anywhere. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I think expecting that your belongings won't be stolen from the locker room while you play a game is reasonable. Whether or not it would be wise, I don't think college students should need to insure their belongings to protect them while they participate in an event that makes the schools involved a ton of money.

It's also not an NCAA problem, but I would think UCLA should bear some responsibility. I also wouldn't just take opposing athletes at their word though, so I doubt it goes anywhere. 

I would agree that there should be an expectation that personal belongings should be safe in a locker room at a D1 CFB game. But there is also an expectation that there are thieving scumbags everywhere and when you make a habit of showing off your bling, the thieves will probably take notice.  Honestly I would expect the CU team should provide the primary security for their own player’s belongings.

Deion should cover it himself if he feels so strongly about it and quit making ridiculous claims of the NCAA.

• TBH 3
46 minutes ago, Enhance said:

If only there was some kind of system in place to help cover the cost of lost, damaged, or stolen goods... specifically those that are privately owned that people choose to take with them places.

The word escapes me... perhaps it rhymes with... assurance?

If only they had a mentor figure around them who gets paid to be a spokesperson for something lik-- I'm sorry, what? oh...

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I would agree that there should be an expectation that personal belongings should be safe in a locker room at a D1 CFB game. But there is also an expectation that there are thieving scumbags everywhere and when you make a habit of showing off your bling, the thieves will probably take notice.  Honestly I would expect the CU team should provide the primary security for their own player’s belongings.

Deion should cover it himself if he feels so strongly about it and quit making ridiculous claims of the NCAA.

I'm actually very surprised that anyone, other than people associated with CU football would have access to the locker room while they are using it.

Maybe Prime needs to be looking into his equipment and training staff?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
7 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Have to go old school.  When I was first coaching.  We had a small duffel bag.  All of the kids valuables when in the bag and we put it on the sideline.  Took it back with us when the game was over.

I'm old school too. No way I'm putting my bling, my gun, or my weed in a community duffel bag.

• Haha 6
32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm actually very surprised that anyone, other than people associated with CU football would have access to the locker room while they are using it.

Maybe Prime needs to be looking into his equipment and training staff?

If you walk around with a ladder or a clipboard and look annoyed and in a hurry you can get pretty much anywhere in the world.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

FWIW, I agree with the bolded. I absolutely think that every staff member and player during a football game should have a reasonable expectation for the security and protection of their belongings while they're at the stadium. There's no good reason this should've happened.

However, I personally draw a line at thinking the Rose Bowl and/or UCLA should bear any sort of financial responsibility based off what we currently know. The players made a choice to bring expensive jewelry and personal belongings on their trip. The rest of us normies are expected to be responsible for our belongings when we go on professional or personal trips, with no reasonable expectation that any property owner or manager will reimburse us for lost or stolen goods.

IMO if you're an adult with expensive jewelry, it gets stolen, and you don't have insurance, that's on you. I insured my wife's wedding rings the same week I bought them. It costs me literally 1.5% of their value each year to insure them. It's almost nothing. If they didn't have insurance, maybe they should have smarter advisors in their ears. I feel bad that the players were victimized though, without question. Hopefully the people responsible are arrested and prosecuted.

• Plus1 1