RB Kewan Lacy [Missouri - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lewis commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't generally buy the idea of a "must-get" recruit, but he's as close to that as I can think of. Lacy is a dude, and (pending some injury recoveries and decisions) our scholarship RB room next year is:

Gabe Ervin rJr. - officially has an injury history so tough to count on, and the limited on field production hasn't yet matched what we hear about in practice

Emmett Johnson rSo. - Starting to show up, but needs to prove he can be an every down guy

Kwinten Ives - RFr - Time will tell but not ready for a role as a true freshman. Which isn't a knock, but I'm not just going to assume he's ready for a major role in 2024

Obviously guys develop, and we can get someone from the portal. But I don't think we could find anyone as well-rounded as Lacy if we had to replace him in the class this year, and there is a huge opportunity for a guy to come in and play right away. Hopefully that's appealing to him.

He’s definitely the most important recruit of the 24 class. We need a bell cow, we have been seriously lacking. If we hold on to him he will be a star here. 

• Plus1 1

At this point, I'm not sure why we don't have another RB commit. We should at least be pursuing somebody else.

I don't want to lose this guy, but this year showed the need to have 3-4 RB's in the stable and prepared to play. I feel like we need another, (maybe portal guy), aside from Kewan.

But we need to do anything and everything to keep this kid in the fold.

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

At this point, I'm not sure why we don't have another RB commit. We should at least be pursuing somebody else.

I don't want to lose this guy, but this year showed the need to have 3-4 RB's in the stable and prepared to play. I feel like we need another, (maybe portal guy), aside from Kewan.

But we need to do anything and everything to keep this kid in the fold.

I’m sure behind the scenes there is stuff going on. This doesn’t strike me as a staff that doesn’t have a plan. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

• Mavric changed the title to RB Kewan Lacy [Missouri - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic