** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

4 hours ago, GISker said:

Some math genius, earlier, stated 54% completion for Sanders in the game, 37/48 is 80% in my day (can't speak for the 'new math', however)

I don't know about math "in your day" either, but the back and forth convo was about Sims and Kaliakmanis.  Minnesota's quarterback.  And nothing to do with QB Sanders.  So maybe take it down a peg or two, homes

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 5
2 minutes ago, admo said:

I don't know about math "in your day" either, but the back and forth convo was about Sims and Kaliakmanis.  Minnesota's quarterback.  And nothing to do with QB Sanders.  So maybe take it down a peg or two, homes

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think he was talking about the Minnesota QB, but we are in the Colorado thread so I understand your confusion.  I also went to Nebraska though, and the N really does stand for Nowledge. 

We're in the Colorado thread, to be fair.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952la0qg24z2greshm82

• Oh Yeah! 2

47 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

After reading/watching this I'm a little more confident in our defense. TCU played a lot of zone early on and then switched to more man coverage in the 2nd half, which is when the boat race started.

TCU's D line is better than our's, but the LBs are bad. They were slow, took horrible angles, and bit hard on PA . The secondary wasn't much better, terrible angles and slow getting their hips turned to stay with WRs.

Sanders just stares guys down. So, I'd like to see some calls where we drop LBs or DEs into coverage from the LOS. Maybe show a corner blitz and let them sit back and police the flats. Let those guys watch his eyes and get a tip or pick.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So, I'd like to see some calls where we drop LBs or DEs into coverage from the LOS. Maybe show a corner blitz and let them sit back and police the flats. Let those guys watch his eyes and get a tip or pick.

Yep. And I think White's the guy for this. Show a house blitz, everybody slips back into coverage. Everybody back, corner blitzes.

Unbelievable that we basically had none of this stuff with Chinander.

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, ZRod said:

After reading/watching this I'm a little more confident in our defense. TCU played a lot of zone early on and then switched to more man coverage in the 2nd half, which is when the boat race started.

TCU's D line is better than our's, but the LBs are bad. They were slow, took horrible angles, and bit hard on PA . The secondary wasn't much better, terrible angles and slow getting their hips turned to stay with WRs.

Sanders just stares guys down. So, I'd like to see some calls where we drop LBs or DEs into coverage from the LOS. Maybe show a corner blitz and let them sit back and police the flats. Let those guys watch his eyes and get a tip or pick.

I disagree that TCU’s D line is better. Especially when we get Ty back. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

Some of his flaws will spill out against aggressive defenses and some things are correctable. I think a big thing is he is poised and patience but i don’t think he is proactive to pass rush. I think the biggest thing is watching the ways this offense schemes players open. Sometimes you really don’t have to come off the first read. I like to watch this page and Kurt Warner but if you have time give this a watch. Idk if he is a big time pro prospect but like JT said the offense is similar to the air raid and a lot of those dudes don’t fit the NFL but they are wizards in college and that might be his ceiling 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I disagree that TCU’s D line is better. Especially when we get Ty back. 

I don't want to give anybody too much credit yet, it's only one game each, but TCU seemed to get more pressure on the QB than we did against Minny.

• TBH 1

What Deion is doing is great, but I hate when the media says historically. This is all NEW territory with NIL/transfer portal. Years ago kids had to sit out a year and many wouldn't transfer due to this. I can see this being hey come play with us here next year mudslide with a select few teams - already kind of is. Looks like the AAU basketball circus. 

• TBH 1