** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

If you are so fed up and mad at those of us who remain objective, why are you here?  What are you trying to solve?

Everyone here, except the undercover CU fans, were disappointed we didn't win that first game because it is one we should have won.  However, overreacting does nothing but cast a negative vibe on the rest of the season for no reason.    

Most fans here understood that a 6 or 7 win season would be a great step in the right direction.  That is still very possible.  Maybe we get there and maybe we don't but there is nothing wrong, imo, with being optimistic and calling out the people trying to bring the entire forum down to your negative levels.      

I’m not upset or mad with anyone on this board….that would be irrational. I just saw a lot of condescending comments toward anyone calling this staff out and calling a spade a spade. 
Is it subjective to say, what the f#&% did we just see?
Is it subjective to be disappointed the staff didn’t fix the things that are very fixable, ie procedural errors, getting the ball to the right personnel, setting Simms up for success instead of forcing him into situations he doesn’t do well. 
is it subjective to say 6 or 7 wins is unlikely with the way we played against a mediocre Minnesota team? 
For the record I’m not in the will Rhule make it to year 4 camp, but I think it’s very objective to question if this team will be successful if what cost us the Minny game isn’t fixed, and more importantly, can it be fixed.

Just my objective opinion, and if you equate that to negativity fine by me. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

22 minutes ago, Undone said:

Feel like I'm missing something obvious, but what was Deion referring to in his TCU post game presser when he said "I've got all the receipts."

The receipts for what?

I think it was mainly their media guys who were doubting and he kept up with who they were.  I think he called a few of them out 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

One silver lining of Minnesota's final drive (specifically the chunk gains just flipping it out to the RB in the flat) is I'm sure we got a head start on addressing that. I think we can chase and tackle better than TCU, but Edwards made them look silly on similar plays.

The scary thing with Colorado is even if they had a poor plan (which they won't), there are a couple guys who can just beat you. They have zero depth, but at this point in the year that won't matter. At times there will need to be one on one tackles in space on Edwards, and single coverage on Hunter down field. I like our defense a lot, but I don't think we have anyone you feel good about in either situation. I think we'll have an oddly similar gameplan to what we did against Minny - give them some of the short stuff to eliminate the run and have help over the top - but Colorado will test our coverage and tackling a lot more.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

Nebraska has such an opportunity here.  As for Colorado can they show consistency after that amazing game 1 win?    

There really is a lot at stake in this game.  Just like a lot of people had thought there would.  These first 2 games have been doozies for both schools.  I'll take games like this versus the D-2's of the world to start the season all day no matter the outcome.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, Undone said:

Feel like I'm missing something obvious, but what was Deion referring to in his TCU post game presser when he said "I've got all the receipts."

The receipts for what?

Deion likes to mention receipts…..and Louis Vuitton luggage, a lot :dunno

I guess he doesn’t like being questioned or doubted by the media.

• Fire 1

I'm sure this was brought up earlier in the thread but I don't have the heart to look through it so my apologies if this has all been repeated ad nausem.

TCU's playcalling was horrific down the stretch and Briles fell right into a pi$$ing match of trying to show Sanders how smart he was as a play caller versus chewing up clock. TCU's defense last year was ranked in the 90s (not those 90s lol) and they lost a ton of guys off that team. 

On the Colorado side, this is what you get with a Sean Lewis offense. They are going to go ultra high tempo and sling it all over the place. I was admittedly skeptical of Sanders and still am but he looked like a cool customer out there last week.

This game will be a fun chess match to me because Colorado's strength will be going against the best part of Nebraska's D and I hope to heck Nebraska will not be trying to air it out a ton versus CU's secondary. It's too bad that chop blocking is going away because in the before times, Nebraska would be sending WRs at Hunter and getting physical with him and chopping. Reimer and the LB crew better eat their Wheaties because they are going to need to corral Edwards coming out the backfield. That kid has some serious juice.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Nebraska can get up and really churn clock versus CU. We all saw it a ton during the Frost era where a team would drive down the field on the defense, the offense would take over and go 3 and out because they were pressing. We would all grumble about helping out the defense and I'd like to see Nebraska put that shoe on the other foot.

Nebraska should have a (and I can't believe I get to type this) a nice edge at ST. I'm happy this game is also an early kickoff versus say, a night game when that place would really be rocking. All in all, I'm jacked for this week. I can't stand Colorado. Never have. Never will. I try not to get very invested in the games but there is something about Colorado that really gets the juices flowing. I want Nebraska to bludgeon this team with the run. Can they? Tune in Saturday!

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Undone said:

The receipts for what?

If it were wagers, that'd be something huh! :lol:

2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think it was mainly their media guys who were doubting and he kept up with who they were.  I think he called a few of them out 

This is the correct answer. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Deion likes to mention receipts…..and Louis Vuitton luggage, a lot :dunno

I guess he doesn’t like being questioned or doubted by the media.

Pretty toxic way to go through life. Because as soon as you loose, and they are going to get their a$$ whooped at some point, you look like an even bigger fool.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

I’m not upset or mad with anyone on this board….that would be irrational. I just saw a lot of condescending comments toward anyone calling this staff out and calling a spade a spade. 
Is it subjective to say, what the f#&% did we just see?
Is it subjective to be disappointed the staff didn’t fix the things that are very fixable, ie procedural errors, getting the ball to the right personnel, setting Simms up for success instead of forcing him into situations he doesn’t do well. 
is it subjective to say 6 or 7 wins is unlikely with the way we played against a mediocre Minnesota team? 
For the record I’m not in the will Rhule make it to year 4 camp, but I think it’s very objective to question if this team will be successful if what cost us the Minny game isn’t fixed, and more importantly, can it be fixed.

Just my objective opinion, and if you equate that to negativity fine by me. 

That's fair. You're being objective it seems. Seven wins might be a stretch at this point all things considered.