** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Doesnt sound exactly like his dream job if he wouldn't meet the Tuesday deadline and still still tentative.

Nebraska still had a head coach on Tuesday. I think Frost has respect for Riley and the coaching fraternity to wait for the position to be open before engaging in serious talk.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Do you honestly think Tom Osborne would call Frost and say "Time to come home".  That sounds like the least Tom Osborne thing ever.

You didn't get the full interpretation what I was saying.  I just think it's a very Damon thing to go on twitter and call out a pretty fake sounding article.  We all know that sounds ridiculous, but I get the feeling Damon wants to still be a Debbie Downer and crap on what he can.  B/c it's Damon Benning.

Just now, 614Husker said:

You didn't get the full interpretation what I was saying.  I just think it's a very Damon thing to go on twitter and call out a pretty fake sounding article.  We all know that sounds ridiculous, but I get the feeling Damon wants to still be a Debbie Downer and crap on what he can.  B/c it's Damon Benning.

Me and you have differing opinions on Damon.  It's not a problem.  I understand Damon isn't for everyone.  I like the guy.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Oh, I know.  Scott has always had interest in coaching Nebraska, ever since he got into coaching.  He loves the team and wants it to do well, and he thinks he's the guy to get it there. He's always had Nebraska on his radar, but there's risk involved for him, too - and he knows that.

So Scott works his way up through the coaching ranks, building contacts along the way, always keeping an eye out for a call from Nebraska. Finally he gets a shot at his own school, UCF, and it's hard work - but he's good at it, and he builds them up.  At the same time, the Nebraska job is being held by a guy he knows is in over his head.  So he waits.

This season started off perfect, with wins piling up for UCF and losses mounting for Nebraska.  Scott and Tom Osborne had discussed the Nebraska job when Osborne spoke at UCF in August, and a tacit agreement was reached between the two about the job, which would be opening soon. 

When Eichorst was fired in September, Scott's agent was contacted by University officials to make sure interest was still high, and Scott replied it was. 

Frost was consulted about Bill Moos' hiring, to see if the two could work together, and Scott OK'd the hire.  So all the pieces were in place.

Riley's season went as we now all know it did, and by the end of October, negotiations were well underway on an actual contract.  The contract was agreed to in principle in early November, and we all just waited for the season to play out.

Riley - despite what he said in the presser - was informed about his fate after the Northwestern game.  Nothing he could do against the remainder of the schedule would save his job.

Scott's people were contacted about several jobs, but not as many as has been rumored.  He didn't get serious consideration for the Florida job, despite what's been reported here.

Frost will coach UCF through the AAC title game, and an announcement will be made next Sunday, a week from today, that he's going to be Nebraska's new coach.  It depends what happens in the title game and what bowl berth UCF gets if Scott coaches them or comes straight to Nebraska.  If they get into the Playoffs, he'll stay with UCF - but that's unlikely.

Scott had a turkey and avocado sandwich for lunch today, and plans on a light breakfast in the morning.  Multiple sources have confirmed all of this.

tenor.gif?itemid=5225357

3 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Is Gerry DiNardo high or just plain stupid?

Yeah that's dumb. I guess he can stop calling them the Blackshirts, but our starting unit should still wear Blackshirts during practice. He can call them whatever he wants I guess.

Edited by Oade