** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You picked the best game under Riley as the worst that ever happened to the program? Congrats on being wildly wrong.

No, I was right.  I saw the product on the field was horrendous and a fluke win of that magnitude would send a false sense of security in a terrible on field product.

and let’s think about...a good coach would build off such a win.  But that clown staff wouldn’t know a good thing if it happened by accident...which it did.  That win culminated in the embarrassment of this season, bc sure we beat Michigan st, but people seemed to forget this was the same staff that lost to Illinois and Purdue in such epic fashion.

Edited by 614Husker
  • Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

No, I was right.  I saw the product on the field was horrendous and a fluke win of that magnitude would send a false sense of security in a terrible on field product.

and let’s think about...a good coach would build off such a win.  But that clown staff wouldn’t know a good thing if it happened by accident...which it did.  That win culminated in the embarrassment of this season, bc sure we beat Michigan st, but people seemed to forget this was the same staff that lost to Illinois and Purdue in such epic fashion.

Not trying to rip on you or anything but how about we put the past behind us and focus on the future? This should be a day of celebration and reading this post was (no offense) really killing my buzz. GBR!

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, 614Husker said:

But, losing that game wouldn't have gotten Riley fired a year earlier.  If it did, we wouldn't be we where we are today.  The only thing it did was give fans false hope going into this season.  That's their problem for not realizing how bad Riley was.

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I'm not sure.  But Frosty is already doing work for dear old Nebraska U

4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I like this.  UCF had already offered him.  Committed to Tennessee but has to obviously be uncertain there.  

I thought that was interesting that he had verbally committed to Tennesee.  https://247sports.com/Player/Adrian-Martinez-90829

Duel threat qb!

8 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Congrats on thinking you were right. Try not to strain anything patting yourself on the back.

• Plus1 3
47 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

Just want to get into the Megathread one last time and celebrate!! I am glad that Scott is coaching the bowl game, it's not going to affect the recruiting class that much. I am guessing he'll focus on recruiting up until 12/20 for the early signing date. Then he can honestly back off a bit, win a bowl game with UCF, which will be good for NU recruiting and then be officially home and focus on the rest of the class up through the second signing day! 

Also, it's interesting that the UCF AD said he's searching for a replacement "for weeks." I am thinking the AD and SF had talked and he knew what was going on longer than we thought!

We knew this was done weeks ago...have you not followed THE SCOTT FROST MEGA THREAD?!?!?!

• Plus1 6
37 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Well I have an announcement to make.  Mods - please be ready to lock me up.

i was permanently banned the night of the win over Michigan st. in 2015.   I was banned because I tried to warn everyone that Riley beating Michigan St. would be the worst thing that ever happened to the program.  And sure enough it was.  

We now have the coach I believe can turn this thing around.  I came back bc I wanted to be included in the community for this monumental moment in Husker history.  I’m so happy we finally have leaders who are professional, confident, and can accurately read the needs of the program.  Nebraska will be back.  There will be hatred along the way.  Media talking heads, radio voices do not want to have to report on Nebraska being a power again.  They now have no choice. 

So so I confess and take any impending punishment.  But so glad I got to celebrate this day on the board.  Welcome home, Scott.

tumblr_ndvm22lp2s1qdku5lo3_500.gif

• Plus1 8

46 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

i was permanently banned the night of the win over Michigan st. in 2015.   I was banned because I tried to warn everyone that Riley beating Michigan St. would be the worst thing that ever happened to the program.  And sure enough it was.  

Gosh....if only we had listened and done our part as message board posters and fired Riley right then and there!

• Plus1 2