** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

The nice thing is, I don't think those types of losses happen under Frost. Sure there may be some over his coaching career here, but not routinely. I feel confident those days are over. Frost is just too much of a competitor and too invested for something like that to happen all the time.

I don't expect them to not get blown out next year.  Frost is inheriting a team that is used to being blown out and don't seem particularly bothered by it.  Frost isn't playing in the game so I expect it will take a year or two for his competitiveness to take over the locker room.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Absolutely correct! No special favors for the irish.

Let me be clear, I really do not like ND. But, it seems most years they play a pretty legit schedule and should be in the conversation. This year alone, USC, Stanford, Georgia, and Miami. If they had gone undefeated with that schedule you couldn’t keep them out 

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

To the part in bold...I think he'll get that time as long as we're not getting blown out and embarrassed on national television.  Because let's face it, during Bo's and Mike's coaching tenure...Nebraska got brutally whooped way too many times.  I mean getting 50+ put you by Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc is one thing (not acceptable certainly) ...  But getting 50+ put on you by Iowa and Minnesota?  Getting routinely pounded by Wisconsin?  Those types of losses, if they continue, will quickly destroy any patience the fan base will show Coach Frost.  Not saying it's right, but that's the way it is.

Yes, I agree. 

19 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Let me be clear, I really do not like ND. But, it seems most years they play a pretty legit schedule and should be in the conversation. This year alone, USC, Stanford, Georgia, and Miami. If they had gone undefeated with that schedule you couldn’t keep them out 

Lots of teams play a legit schedule and also have to get through a CCG. imo the lack of a ccg win should count against them.

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Lots of teams play a legit schedule and also have to get through a CCG. imo the lack of a ccg win should count against them.

I try to put NU into their shoes. And I've thought that if NU were to ever go independent and still expect to be included in the playoff discussion that we would need to do a few things.

1. Go undefeated

2. Play ND the weekend of conference title games essentially giving us both a CCG

3. No bye week, even if not all opponents aren't world beaters, we would play 1 more game than the P5 conference champions, and 2 more games than the schools that didn't make their CCG. Use it against them.

Edited by Oade
9 minutes ago, Sparker said:

I think that’s fair but if you take a year like this year and ND went undefeated with that schedule, the would be the clear 4th choice IMO since the other two CcG winners had two losses and ND beat one of them blowing them out no?

6 minutes ago, Oade said:

I try to put NU into their shoes. And I've thought that if NU were to ever go independent and still expect to be included in the playoff discussion that we would need to do a few things.

1. Go undefeated

2. Play ND the weekend of conference title games essentially giving us both a CCG

3. No bye week, even if not all opponents aren't world beaters, we would play 1 more game than the P5 conference champions, and 2 more games than the schools that didn't make their CCG. Use it against them.

If they played 13 games, sure I guess.

Not that my opinions means a damn.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

I think that’s fair but if you take a year like this year and ND went undefeated with that schedule, the would be the clear 4th choice IMO since the other two CcG winners had two losses and ND beat one of them blowing them out no?

I'd even take a 1 loss ND over 1 loss bama this year. I know I'm contradicting myself.

4 hours ago, roadrat said:

I don't think anyone was excited about Callahan. Like the guy said on the radio, This is former Nebraska players taking control of a situation that was destroyed by a bunch of outside screw ups.

Please.  Callahan landed some highly rated recruits, and the Nebraska message boards lit up with every new commitment.    A big contingent of Husker fans - more than any other school - flocked to the Army all star game to watch prized recruits Lucky, Dillard, and Roark.  A huge part of the Husker Nation became recruiting geeks overnight, and everyone talked about how it was going to translate into a return to glory.  A common expression was something like; 'Lucky and Beck!  We're back!'  It was a frenzy.

Edited by Jack Platte
  • Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I don't expect them to not get blown out next year.  Frost is inheriting a team that is used to being blown out and don't seem particularly bothered by it.  Frost isn't playing in the game so I expect it will take a year or two for his competitiveness to take over the locker room.

agree in some aspects - however i see it different in MR and SF in that

MR - felt the pressure to WIN and played the player on that day that gave him the best chance and didn't focus on forcing players to compete for the future

SF - will say this is how it is and will put the pressure on to COMPETE - knowing that winning will come when it comes.

16 minutes ago, Jack Platte said:

Please.  Callahan landed some highly rated recruits, and the Nebraska message boards lit up with every new commitment.    A big contingent of Husker fans - more than any other school - flocked to the Army all star game to watch prized recruits Lucky, Dillard, and Roark.  A huge part of the Husker Nation became recruiting geeks overnight, and everyone talked about how it was going to translate into a return to glory.  A common expression was something like; 'Lucky and Beck!  We're back!'  It was a frenzy.

Difference in coach. Scott Frost comes from a locker room that was running around the field after winning the AAC championship game almost in tears chasing down his players to give them hugs, while his players chased him down to give him hugs.

Callahan came from a locker room that thought he sabotaged the super bowl.

• Plus1 2