** 2023 Opponent Preview: Illinois (Game 6) **

4 minutes ago, Fru said:

Not stupid at all. This is a perfectly teed up opportunity to beat a veteran B1G coach and a program that has somehow notched 3 straight wins over us. It’s also a perfect opportunity for Rhule and Co to show us things are different now with them. Keep the team’s focus during a short week. Bring a sensible game plan. Execute. 

Yeah, I just saw that, Illinois is going for 4 straight wins over NU???

Good lord.  

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I just saw that, Illinois is going for 4 straight wins over NU???

Good lord.  

The bleeding against these kinds of teams really has to stop.

To me, this game is effectively a do over of Minnesota. I think if they bring a similar game plan that they had for NIU, they can walk out of there with a W. Rest up during the bye week and go into the NW game with some confidence. 

1 minute ago, Fru said:

The bleeding against these kinds of teams really has to stop.

To me, this game is effectively a do over of Minnesota. I think if they bring a similar game plan that they had for NIU, they can walk out of there with a W. Rest up during the bye week and go into the NW game with some confidence. 

Amen!

Illinois is bad (as usual) and they basically have one good player on offense and two good DL but those guys are clearly cashing it in this season because their defense is lame.

NU just needs to score first and control the game.  Don't let this turn into a 4 quarter game.

• TBH 4

For me the season is going roughly how I expected it to. I didn't expect to beat Minnesota and was surprised we were even in that one. We won the two easy non-con games, and now there are four winnable games left to get to a bowl.

But I think this game is probably a "welp, better luck next year" one if we lose. We aren't going to beat Maryland or Wisconsin. Yeah, we could still beat Michigan State, Purdon't, Northwestern and then Iowa.

But just pull out every bit of creativity and motivation that you possibly can for this one, Rhule.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hopefully they come with a new attitude. 

Yeah, full pads on a Sunday after the game is some old school stuff. "You guys didn't show up and play yesterday, so I'm going to make you show up and work today."

Love it!

• Oh Yeah! 1