** 2023 Opponent Preview : Northern Illinois (Game 3) **

1 hour ago, presidentjlh said:

We have the talent that the 75% chance would make sense, but yes, this team has been a mental case in the extreme for over 5 years now. I would never bet on them as a sure thing.

This is something a lot of fans say about Nebraska football but it's just not true. 

Especially regarding the offense, Nebraska has very little talent. It's been an issue going back a few years but it's especially noticeable now.

On defense there are brightspots, especially Lenhardt who as a true Freshman is quickly becoming one of the teams better players. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is something a lot of fans say about Nebraska football but it's just not true. 

Especially regarding the offense, Nebraska has very little talent. It's been an issue going back a few years but it's especially noticeable now.

On defense there are brightspots, especially Lenhardt who as a true Freshman is quickly becoming one of the teams better players. 

We have better talent on offense than the product that has been on the field the last two games.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We have better talent on offense than the product that has been on the field the last two games.

I don't think you're wrong, certainly this team is capable of more than they've shown. 

I don't think they'd be a top 60 scoring offense though. But you're right, I don't think they should be 120th and leading the country in turnovers.

20 hours ago, admo said:

@Archy1221 Although, I don't have much room to talk.  I'll never forget a great line my coach told me at halftime.  I threw an INT in three straight games.  But then I threw 2 picks in the 2nd quarter, and one was right before half when we were threatening to score.  

He had great wisdom and funny punch lines.  He chewed out the LBs, the OL, the WRs and then yelled at me:

Coach:    "Admo!  Do you want the other team to win?!!!!!"

Me:    "Nooo!"

Coach:   "Then stop helping them!"

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

But yeah he was right

11 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

First tackle I made in HS was after I threw and INT.  My coach always said if you throw it to them you better make the tackle.  

You guys must’ve had nice coaches. Mine laughed at me after I got a concussion in a game. I was a 2nd deep guy on KO returns. The faster guy behind me bobbled a KO, as I was waiting for him to pick up the ball I finally turned up field and the other team’s gunner was right there. He speared me in the side of the head with the crown of his helmet at full speed. I went to the sideline and then went back out on our next defensive series. I played LB and I took the D play calls from the sideline. I had no idea what they were signaling or what I was doing out there. Had to come out and the doc said concussion. Anyway….in film review on Monday coach showed the hit. When I got up I was just wandering back towards the endzone looking up at the sky. He thought that was hilarious. Replayed it about 5x and kept asking me “JJ what are ya doin here?” There was no “protocol” in those days, you just kept playing if you could. I couldn’t because I forgot anything related to football…and a few other things :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

One might even say they are bloodbaths.

Puking rally?

30 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You guys must’ve had nice coaches. Mine laughed at me after I got a concussion in a game. I was a 2nd deep guy on KO returns. The faster guy behind me bobbled a KO, as I was waiting for him to pick up the ball I finally turned up field and the other team’s gunner was right there. He speared me in the side of the head with the crown of his helmet at full speed. I went to the sideline and then went back out on our next defensive series. I played LB and I took the D play calls from the sideline. I had no idea what they were signaling or what I was doing out there. Had to come out and the doc said concussion. Anyway….in film review on Monday coach showed the hit. When I got up I was just wandering back towards the endzone looking up at the sky. He thought that was hilarious. Replayed it about 5x and kept asking me “JJ what are ya doin here?” There was no “protocol” in those days, you just kept playing if you could. I couldn’t because I forgot anything related to football…and a few other things :lol:

I mean... concussed people are pretty funny to watch, it's just the long term effects are pretty s#!tty :lol:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska has plenty of talent to be an 8 win team.  NU just really sucks at the most important position in sports.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya we kinda do.  Switch quarterbacks with either team and NU wins both games.  That position can win or lose games by itself. 

People keep saying things like that, and we keep winning 4 games. So, it's cool you say that, but what is the point? Yay for potential?

I get what you're saying, I simply don't care anymore about could/would/should. We are screwed at QB for the year, and next year will have it's own issues.

• Thanks 1