Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

1 minute ago, ECisGod said:

So the Pac12 is assumed to be done,  but are they?

There is no way they can raid the Mountain West with the MWC having a 32M per team buyout.  What I wonder is will the MWC "dissolve" and join the four remaining Pac12 schools and become the Pac16 in hopes of staying/becoming a power 5 conference?

There are not enough teams anybody cares about there to remain competitive long term. They can exist as a G5-esque level conference but any remaining team either needs to be ok with that or be begging for a lifeboat in the Big12

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The biggest issue with adding west coach teams will be time zones. It will be awkward at a minimum to have eastern zone teams play on the west coast at 8:00 PM pacific (11:00 PM eastern time!!).   And vice versa when teams cross from west to play in the east.

I’ve always thought this too.   The travel itself isn’t a huge issue, it’s the travel across time zones that makes it difficult and awkward.  

• Plus1 1

I'd be interested to see if FSU takes a bid where it's not an equal revenue share at first. As vocal as they are about the ACC and it's equal revenue share not being fair, going to another conference where they're getting lower than the rest just seems like something new for them to b!^@h about once the honeymoon phase is over. They're giving high maintenance girlfriend vibes right now. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

People live in these places and will go to games. It's not like everyone attending road games lives in Nebraska.  A lot of people who attend UNL don't want to live in Lincoln forever, like me. I would wager there are way more graduates of the school living outside the state than in it.

This is correct.

It always amused me when the TV guys would talk about all the red in the stands at away games, and how these fans all traveled from Lincoln to wherever the game was. Most of those folks live within a few hours of those stadiums.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Saw this posted...not sure if accurate. Oregon and Washington fire sale if you ask me.

The Big Ten is projected to eventually distribute $80 million to $100 million per year to each of its 16 members. According to USA Today, the league distributed $54.3 million to most of its members during the most recent fiscal year (2019-20) not impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. LINK

2023-24: 14 schools receive ~$60M each, USC, UCLA, UW, and UO get $25M (??) from the Pac12

2024-25: 16 schools receive ~$63M each, UW and UO get $30M

2025-26: 16 schools receive ~$70M each, UW and UO get $31M

2026-27: 16 schools receive ~$75M each, UW and UO get $32M

2027-28: 16 schools receive ~$80M each, UW and UO get $33M

2028-29: 16 schools receive ~$85M each, UW and UO get $34M

2029-30: 16 schools receive ~$90M each, UW and UO get $35M

'30-31 and beyond: ??? new contract

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, funhusker said:

Agree with it all.

Some folks would have an aneurism, but NU at some point is going to need to downsize Memorial Stadium.

While modernizing, the capacity should eventually be much lower than current numbers.  But will they do that to “save” the sellout streak, or because they “lost” the sellout streak?

We've been slowly downsizing the stadium for a few years now, and are continuing to. Slow, incremental seat widening and they just added in actual chairback seats in the west balcony.

Then, pretty soon, Trev's gonna announce a massive stadium renovation project in the hundreds of millions. I haven't heard how the official plan ended up, but last I heard (from uncle who's a player alumni/booster) is that part of it is chopping off the top of south stadium and making a huge concourse area.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
57 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I haven't heard how the official plan ended up,

They are still in the process of exploring all options including the repurposing all the vacated space that will be created when the move to the new complex is completed. I believe they are scheduled to present their proposal to the BOR the first week or two of Oct.

At the end of the day, I am a serious traditionalist.  But when the Big 12 happened, I tried to deal with it, but F Texas.  

At this point, we are so far down the rabbit hole away from what I loved.  

Screw it all.  Let's get to 64 teams that get it and want to invest into FB.  Break away, F the conferences and let's get some serious FB.  Everything else can stay with the limp d!(k NCAA.  When I say 64, I mean the schools that invest in FB.  While we have sucked, we are one of those teams.  Do what we need to do to get FSU and whatever other schools want to come in.

Screw ND, let them play with themselves and see where that gets them.

• Oh Yeah! 1